Babies: 9 - 12 Months

Baby Hates Crib Now

So we started sleep training our little dude about four days ago.  He still cries about 5-10 minutes before passing out for the night and now only wakes up maybe once a night, if that, so that's good, that's a success.

However, now he basically refuses to nap in his crib at all, even if we get him to sleep first--which was not previously a problem.  Before, we could lay him down--half awake or asleep--and he would just roll over and take his nap.  Now, the minute his back touches the mattress, even if he is totally passed out, he wakes up and sits up and gets incredibly mad.  And his naps are short now when we DO get him to sleep finally--about thirty minutes.

So we've fixed bed time almost but now naps are a total wreck/  Any suggestions?  We're not really ready to try CIO for naps just yet, as we feel like letting him scream it out three times a day is a little too intense right now.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Baby Hates Crib Now

• Maybe he is ready for just one nap? I am not sure of your nap/bedtime schedule, but one nap may be around the corner.
  • I was going to say a transition to 2 naps (maybe one).  Perhaps now that his night sleep is better he doesn't need as many naps.  DD transitioned from 3 to 2 naps around 8 months and it was a rough week or so but her naps are MUCH better now.
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah I don't know.  He's already been on two naps a day.  I tried today to keep him up longer but around 9:00am he just kept falling asleep everytime I would pick him up, or trying to fall asleep on the floor.  He's super tired, it's just the putting him in his crib that is pissing him off.  Then I pick him up out of his crib and he passes out in my arms immediatly.

Anyway, today I put him down and just walked out, out of frustration.  He cried about 30 seconds to a minute and now it's quiet up there, no toys or nothing, so I suppose he just passed out.
  • Sike, he woke back up and started crying like two minutes later, plus has a diaper that needs attended to now.  Sigh.  Guess I traded good nights for awful naps now.
  • Exact same problem here. I don't have a solution.  Find me on the August 11 board if you ever find one!!

I'm going to try strengthening a naptime routine and getting the room darker. Fingers crossed something eventually clicks for both our LOs... 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"