February 2013 Moms
Options

My mouth is so dry driving me bananas!!!

Ack!  Its so bad I went to the grocery store at midnight to buy popsicles and that mouthwash for dry mouth (which by the way did nothing).  No matter how much I drink, or how much ice I suck on its dry as the Sahara.  I also have this really awful taste in my mouth all the time.  Is anyone else experiencing this?  I sure hope its not gestational diabetes--I don't have any of the risk factors except I'm over 25.

Re: My mouth is so dry driving me bananas!!!

• Options
    I had a metalic taste a few weeks ago. It tasted as if I had sucked on a penny- yuck! I buy ginger candy at the chinese market - its worked. But now  I don't have that nasty metal taste Thank goodness! 
  • Options
    My mouth is super dry in the mornings when I wake up. I have to drink literally an entire bottle of water right away. I have experienced weird tastes in my mouth if I go too long in between meals usually. Did you try eating some fruits that have high water content? Like watermelon. That seemed to help me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have super dry mouth at night when I'm trying to sleep. I had it with DS too, which was a perfectly normal pregnancy, so I think it's normal.

Totally sucks though!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    weird you ususally produce more saliva rather than dry mouth.  Are you on any meds or anything?  that would happen to me when i was on prednisone.
    ~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

• Options

...Did you say "bananas"?  Yum! 

(this is the only thing I've actually craved with any of my pregnancies including this one haha).

Someone once told me that dry-mouth can sometimes be a sign that you aren't drinking enough water (first sign of dehydration?) Just something to think about.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I also have been waking up with a super dry mouth in the morning. It's really annoying. I think I am sleeping with my mouth open so that doesn't help. Last night I made my self drink water when I woke up and that seemed to help a bit.
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I feel for you as I am in the exact same boat! It has gotten a little better over the last week. My doctor said it's ok and advised to suck on a hard candy or chew gum and of course drink plenty of water. I was concerned bc I kept reading other posts of how other women were having "wattery mouth". Your not alone and this def. isnt fun, but try these out and see how it works! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"