March 2012 Moms

Hair Loss

Anyone still losing hair?  When does it end? 

Everywhere I look are strands of my hair.  It is disgusting and I want it to stop. :( 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Hair Loss

• https://www.americanpregnancy.org/pregnancyhealth/hairloss.html

This might help answer your ?s. If not...I tried. lol. I am still loosing mine almost 4mo PP. It sucks and is so gross. Yesterday I had to empty the shower drain 2x because it kept clogging up during my shower. I am ready for this hair loss to be done too. Hopefully sooner rather than later! Smile
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Ew I know.  DH was cleaning the drain a couple weeks ago and he was grossed out.  Now I try to collect the hair as it comes out in the shower and throw it out when I get out of the shower.  Sounds really gross, sorry.

Thanks for the link. 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • My hair started falling out at the 3 month mark and is still coming out by the handful. Every time I run my hand through my hair I'm left with lots of strands. Before getting pregnant my hair shed a fair amount, but I think it's falling out at a higher rate than it ever did before kid. It's nice to know I'm not alone.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • YES!  It started when the babies were about 2 months old and I get huge clumps every day out of the shower, every morning on my pillow, in the brush and all day long.  I've stopped fixing the hair and just putting it in a pony.  I hope it's over soon too!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mine just started a few days ago!
  • imageraspberry_bride:

Ew I know.  DH was cleaning the drain a couple weeks ago and he was grossed out.  Now I try to collect the hair as it comes out in the shower and throw it out when I get out of the shower.  Sounds really gross, sorry.

Thanks for the link. 

Sounds gross but no worries because I have to do the same thing!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • i hear ya, between ?me and the dog its rediculous! 
    Averie Belle March 9, 2012 5 lbs, 11 oz
  • imageBaby Lynn:
    imageraspberry_bride:

Ew I know.  DH was cleaning the drain a couple weeks ago and he was grossed out.  Now I try to collect the hair as it comes out in the shower and throw it out when I get out of the shower.  Sounds really gross, sorry.

Thanks for the link. 

Sounds gross but no worries because I have to do the same thing!

I've actually always done this cuz I think a clogged drain full of hair is more gross. Plus, our shower now wouldn't collect hair in the drain...it'd just sit on top I think. But seriously, this PP hair-loss is no joke. It needs to stop!

image image
  • I never grew any extra and I'm not losing any extra, which is good. My hair is normally really oily and pregnancy balanced it out so it almost never got dirty. It is literally the only thing I missed about being pregnant. 

• Yep, hate it. Hoping it ends soon!
  • If you're still BF, I hear it happens again when you wean.  I don't remember it happening, but I always shed.  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Holly hair loss it's happening to me too!  It started 2 weeks ago and I can't believe I don't have patches on my head like my baby, lol.  This is my first and wondering when this ends.
  • imagekmhunt11:
    If you're still BF, I hear it happens again when you wean.  I don't remember it happening, but I always shed.  

Noooooooooo!!! Don't tell me that!!  My hair didn't get much thicker during pregnancy and I can't believe how much I'm shedding now.  It started when DS was around 6 weeks old and I'm surprised I don't have bald patches on my head.  I can't wait for this to end.. and I'm dreading the idea of it happening again when DS weans.

image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Kristina's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) 
    We go together like a wink and a smile. June 27, 2009 
    52 books in 2015?           
    image  Image and video hosting by TinyPic   
  • Hahaha, your post made my giggle :) Yeah, I'm still shedding hair like it's going out of style too.... I need to clear out my hair brush what seems like every few days! Ugh. 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers

• I have noticed more shedding for about the last month too.  I thought maintaining the vitamin regiment would help, but it looks like that may only be part of the problem.
    Praise God from whom all blessings flow. :)Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Mine just started!! =( I thought "yes, the hair loss thing is not going to happen to me, I am already 4months PP."

Spoke to soon! It's happening now! This is horrible! I don't even want to wash my hair...so gross!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimageimage
  • I don't find it gross. Just annoying. My hair has always shed quite a bit so not a huge deal to me. Just makes showering longer as I have to get all tangled up in shedding hair now.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Married: 1/2008 ~ DD#1: 3/2012
    TTC #2: Started 4/2014       BFP 7/30/15   MC 8/3/15       BFP 9/4/2015   EDD 5/16/2016

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"