School-Aged Children

Night light recommendations, please.

My 6 y.o. Is suddenly scared at night.  In need of a very bright night light.  He has one of those fake fish tanks tHat illuminates the entire room, which he loves, but t makes creaking sounds ,therefore, a total no go.  Help.tia.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Night light recommendations, please.

• we just put up glow in the dark stars on the kids cielings a couple months ago. adds a little light up top and they think they are cool to look at. kids are asleep by the time they are done glowing.
  • It's not bright bright, but DD sleeps every night with an Ikea Spoka nightlight on.
    Mom to J (10), L (4), and baby #3 arriving in July of 2015
  • Loading the player...
  • My boys (ages 9 1/2 & 8) and my daughter (age 5 1/2) have those night light animals in their rooms.  They automatically shut off after 45 minutes and we place them on their dressers by their mirrors and it doubles the stars :)  They love them, and they have three color settings and are just bright enough without being too bright.

Cloud b Twilight animals:

https://www.cloudb.com/?gclid=CIje9MzNl7ECFYtR7AodDgr-hA

*Lindsay*
    Wife & Mom of Three Great Kids (9,7,5)
    Baby #4 is on the Way
    Due 8.9.12!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Everyone in our house has a nightlight - including me!  I can't stand bumping around in the dark.

Usually we go to the drugstore / hardware store and just pick up a night light that has a 4 watt bulb (not the ones that are LED lights).  I found one that you can turn on and off. 

DD used to have a regular lamp, but on the bottom was a nightlight settig - so you could have regular light, nightlight, or both.

• MrsSRMrsSR member

If you want something bright, why not use get a regular plug in nightlight?  We have three that we turn on when company comes, in case they wake in the middle of the night and need to go to the bathroom or kitchen.  It's pretty bright.

We have one of those Twilight Turtles and it's not that bright.

• We love the KinderGlo light (see amazon they have different animals/figures). It's actually much too bright for my taste but DS loves it. You have a choice of either setting it to shut off after 30 minutes or glow all night.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • During the holidays DS had a string of Christmas lights that we hung up. He loved it.
  • MrsSRMrsSR member
    imagelitzo27:

We love the KinderGlo light (see amazon they have different animals/figures). It's actually much too bright for my taste but DS loves it. You have a choice of either setting it to shut off after 30 minutes or glow all night.

We recently bought one for DD and she loves it.  They are super cute!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"