Orange County Babies
Options

Has anyone seen this new absorbable stapler for C Section closures?

I am seeking information on a device that I heard about that the Dr uses to close incisions following C-Sections.  My girlfriend across the country had it used on her incision and I was amazed, that you almost cannot even see her scar.  Does anyone know what its called, and how you ask for it.  I am new to the area, and am wanting to find out if the OB/Gyn drs in the area are using it.  I had a C Section with my first, not really thrilled with the scar I got from metal staples and supposedly these staples are internal and disolve, the scar lays flat, and there is little chance for infection, or raised scars after they disolve, and you dont have to go to the Dr to have them removed. Now thats cool.  Evidently plastic surgeons use it as well. Any information appreciated!

Heels 

Re: Has anyone seen this new absorbable stapler for C Section closures?

• Options

So I found out what the Absorbable Staple closure device is

Its called INSORB by a company called Incisive...and what my girlfriend told me about it is, it closes the incision using these staples that are underneath the skin, so they dont have to use the metal staples on your skin, so you dont have the little holes where the metal staples are, or the pain of having them removed.  There is this little ridge, where the incision is, and that is a "good thing" because its indicating no tension on that incision, and as the staples start disolving the ridge lies flat, and gives you a nice flat incision.  She also said she is the type that gets those raised scars, and this one didn't!

I just thought I would pass this along, because Im going to have my Dr use them on my C-Section.  

Heels 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"