Cincinnati Babies
Options

Christ Hospital

Has anybody delivered at Christ?  Thoughts on your experience - good, bad, and ugly - and would you recommend?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Christ Hospital

• Options

I delivered DS at Christ and was absolutely thrilled with my experience. My pros: superior nurses that truly listened to my needs and were easy to work with, a very skilled anesthesiologist that did my spinal (I had a planned c-section) perfectly and painlessly, large and clean private rooms, "room service" type dining instead of everyone getting the same meals, a lot of my needs having been met without requesting them (ex. they went ahead and sent in lactation consultants, they have a registrar person come to you with all the paperwork for birth certificates and such)... Heck, I could go on all day about the plus side of Christ. I loved it and if our insurance hadn't changed since DS's birth I'd be going back for this birth, no questions.

My ONLY con was that I had a single nurse I disliked. She was rough with helping me breastfeed- she grabbed the back of DS's head to shove him to my chest (which left red finger marks on the back of his poor little head), and at one point slapped at my hand as I tried to adjust my breast. DH quickly told her to leave the room and not to come back as he saw my eyes welling up with tears over this lady. She was terrible--- but she truly never came back into the room, and she was the only aspect we didn't like. I guess you can't have everything 100% perfect, and this was a problem that was easily solved. 

Good luck! :D 

BabyName Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I loved Christ Hospital and would recommend to anyone. :) Rooms are great, all the nurses and pediatricians on rounds were fantastic.

imageimage

imageimage

image  image

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I delivered DD1 there and had a great experience.  Nothing negative to say about it.  I delivered DD2 elsewhere, only because Christ is almost an hour from our house and we wanted to be closer to home the second time around for DD1's sake.
    imageimage
    Photos courtesy of Jen Rose Photography
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageCaitlin724:

I delivered DS at Christ and was absolutely thrilled with my experience. My pros: superior nurses that truly listened to my needs and were easy to work with, a very skilled anesthesiologist that did my spinal (I had a planned c-section) perfectly and painlessly, large and clean private rooms, "room service" type dining instead of everyone getting the same meals, a lot of my needs having been met without requesting them (ex. they went ahead and sent in lactation consultants, they have a registrar person come to you with all the paperwork for birth certificates and such)... Heck, I could go on all day about the plus side of Christ. I loved it and if our insurance hadn't changed since DS's birth I'd be going back for this birth, no questions.

My ONLY con was that I had a single nurse I disliked. She was rough with helping me breastfeed- she grabbed the back of DS's head to shove him to my chest (which left red finger marks on the back of his poor little head), and at one point slapped at my hand as I tried to adjust my breast. DH quickly told her to leave the room and not to come back as he saw my eyes welling up with tears over this lady. She was terrible--- but she truly never came back into the room, and she was the only aspect we didn't like. I guess you can't have everything 100% perfect, and this was a problem that was easily solved. 

Good luck! :D 

We must have had the same nurse!

I loved delivering at Christ and plan to go back there if we decide to have more babies. If I was to truly complain about anything, it would be that it was a busy birthing time when DS was born, so we were moved to the post-partum rooms on the 8th floor. They are not as updated as the ninth floor and they are a bit smaller. In addition to the great staff, we took the baby prep classes through Christ and the instructor came to check on us once she heard that we had delivered.

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    Thanks ladies!  This makes me feel good :).
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I delivered at Christ as well & have nothing but good things to say about my experience! Everyone there was extremely nice & helpful. I will be going back there to deliver again if/when we have more babies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I recently delivered at Christ and was thrilled with my labor and delivery nurses, they were very attentive and super supportive. Only con was I birthed at a very busy time and they were short staffed. Our L&D nurse had to leave the room while I was pushing to go assist someone else with an epidural. Very difficult to be at 10cm and need to push and not be allowed to. Eventually my husband got very frustrated and began incessantly paging the nurse to come back. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I delivered there as well.  The lactation consultants were very helpful, and I can not say enough about the nurses.  They were so caring- and really understood what I needed.  I also had a very unique expierence which I did not even know existed in the hospital setting.  A company called Bavia provides in room massages to new mom's.  I had my massage the night after I had the baby and  It was just what I needed.  It really added to the expirence and I felt so relaxed after having it.  I think that Christ is the only one that offers the service.  I bought mine there, but they told me that you can also pre-order through Bavia's website.  I plan on getting one for my sister-in-law that is delivering there in September.

Hope this helps! Good luck to you! 

• Options
    I delivered at Christ in Feb 2012 and highly recommend it. The birthing classes were phenomenal and the rooms were great although I wasn't there long enough to fully enjoy it. The entire staff was overly accommodating and I had latching problems which 2,of the nurses were fantastic about helping and very patient. You can request a nurse and I would highly recommend Vicky. Aside from that the food was fantastic and you can order whatever you like to have delivered whenever you like.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"