1st Trimester
Options

I dream of ...turkey?

Last night I had a wonderful dream about a turkey sandwich.  It was turkey, cheese, lettuce and tomato on baguette.  It was heavenly!  Then I woke up and remembered there was no deli turkey for me :(

Re: I dream of ...turkey?

• Options
    You can have turkey.  Do some research and you'll find that the risk is low and the paranoia is overblown and not at all evenly distributed.  The last food found to have listeria was lettuce.  Before that was cantelope.  People got sick from listeria tainted milk where I live a few years ago.  I've never heard of people not eating/drinking those things but somehow deli meat is villainized. 
    Formerly known as elmoali :)

• Options

imageelmoali:
    You can have turkey.  Do some research and you'll find that the risk is low and the paranoia is overblown and not at all evenly distributed.  The last food found to have listeria was lettuce.  Before that was cantelope.  People got sick from listeria tainted milk where I live a few years ago.  I've never heard of people not eating/drinking those things but somehow deli meat is villainized. 

All of this.  My mom said her biggest cravings while pregnant were turkey and Italian subs, she had 4 perfectly healthy children.   I still eat lunch meat, as a matter of fact I just had a sandwich for lunch and it was delicious.  Would I eat from deli tray that was in the sun for 4 hours? Probably not, but I would not do that pre-pregnancy either. 

11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAllycat11:

imageelmoali:

All of this.  My mom said her biggest cravings while pregnant were turkey and Italian subs, she had 4 perfectly healthy children.   I still eat lunch meat, as a matter of fact I just had a sandwich for lunch and it was delicious.  Would I eat from deli tray that was in the sun for 4 hours? Probably not, but I would not do that pre-pregnancy either. 

Both of these. Go eat some dang turkey.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    thanks ladies, you're right.  I also dreamed of apples and salsa (wtf)?  I'm very food-centric these days, evidently.

• Options
    You can have turkey! Just heat it until it steams, but you don't have to always do that. When I was pregnant I ate carving board turkey like my life depended on it. Just make sure you pay attention to expiration dates. When in doubt just heat it until it steams.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Options

These are the posts that make me ready to move to the 2nd tri board. 

Eat the freaking turkey.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagedrpayne:

These are the posts that make me ready to move to the 2nd tri board. 

Eat the freaking turkey.

I will bring the deli sandwiches and cookie dpugh!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

I'm so glad to hear this. I've been eating deli sandwiches my whole pregnancy, and just read something about it yesterday and was like whaaaaaa? Am I going to give birth to Quasimodo now?? 

Oh, and herbal tea? Is that for real? 

• Options
    Seriously... come on!!! Eat turkey/ham or whatever it is you like, I have a deli sandwhich at least four times a week, i am now 38wks, and did the exact same with my DS.....and i drink at least 2cups of coffee a day. U just need to know where your getting your meat from.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"