February 2013 Moms
Options

already had my 1st sonogram

i thought i was about 10 weeks when i calculated from me last period, but i'm only actually 8 weeks and 3 days by measurement of the baby. . .its weird how i was 2 weeks off :( i was actually hoping i was further along than i thought. . .now i can't wait to know what it is! they told me they weren't going to order another ultrasound til i'm 21 weeks. . .i don't know if i can wait that long. is that normal to have them so far apart?

Re: already had my 1st sonogram

• Options
    imageDC2London:

It's completely normal for baby's measurements to be a bit off from your LMP (you probably just ovulated late).  It's also completely normal to not have another u/s until the anatomy scan at 16-20 weeks.  Some women have an NT scan between 11 and 14 weeks, which includes an ultrasound, but plenty of women only have a single u/s their entire pregnancy, and that takes place around 20 weeks.

Totally normal on both accounts.  But I'm glad your u/s went well!! 

This. Sounds perfectly normal - glad you had a good ultrasound!

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options

Glad to hear you had a good first u/s! Congratulations!!

TTC:Off BCP December 2011. BFP #1 January 16, 2012; EDD September 12, 2012; m/c Feb,1 2012. BFP #2 June 6, 2012; EDD February 11, 2013; diagnosed with blighted ovum/had D&C July 12,2012. BFP #3 October 20, 2012; EDD June 29, 2013. BabyFruit Ticker Sunshine_zps3fcf529f
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    KMAXONKMAXON member
    Yeah, my doctor's office does one u/s at 20 weeks.   Count yourself lucky you already got more than that. 
    But three things remain: faith, hope and love; the greatest of these is love. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I am also measuring 5 days less than I should be...but I know that I am a "late ovulator."  I think every doctor is different with the ultrasounds.  I have had 3 so far (I am 9 weeks), and my next one will be 12 week ultra screen for downs syndrome.  My family thought there may be something wrong since I have had 3 ultrasounds already, but I think that is just the way my doctor is. 
  • Options
    Congrats & Welcome!!!!!
    ~Formerly~AngnShaun~

~~Transferred 2 Perfect Embryos 5/28 - BFP 6/4~~ HAILEY ELIZABETH ~2/16/13~ 6:39am ~ 6lbs 2oz ~ 20" long ~ 1 Year ~ 20lbs 14oz ~ 29.25"~
    ~10.10 Ectopic, 4.11 Nat m/c 9w, 8.11, 1.12, 3.12 CPs~

Follow Me on Pinterest

Angela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (100-in-2012 shelf)
    imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"