1st Trimester
Options

Only gestational sac?

I had an ultrasound today due to some light spotting.  They weren't able to see anything but a gestational sac so I'm suppose to go back in 2 weeks.  So now what?  I'm still worried.

Re: Only gestational sac?

• Options
    At 5w5d it could go either way - a gestational sac with or without a fetal pole. My personal experience was a bad one - I had an u/s at 5w5d that only showed a sac and at 7w the same thing, so it was a blighted ovum (I miscarried at 7w4d). However, when I was hitting up every known internet resource during that wait, I found lots and lots of women who only saw a gestational sac around that time and went on to have successful pregnancies. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is wait it out. The limbo period is really horrible, but there's no way around it unless you start bleeding heavily beforehand, which obviously we hope doesn't happen!

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options

I had a very early uls due  to bleeding, it was around 5 weeks and a few days, with only a gestational sac and no fetal pole/yolk sac.  We were labelled as a "threatened miscarriage" because of this accompanied by the bleeding and cramping.  We went back in at 6 weeeks and couple days and saw our baby and a heartbeat.  Turns out our timing was just miscalculated and we were off by a week.  Recently had our 9 week ultrasound and baby looks great

Fingers crossed for you to have a positive uls in a couple weeks!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Previously posted as "denisethebride"
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imagekelly321:
    At 5w5d it could go either way - a gestational sac with or without a fetal pole. My personal experience was a bad one - I had an u/s at 5w5d that only showed a sac and at 7w the same thing, so it was a blighted ovum (I miscarried at 7w4d). However, when I was hitting up every known internet resource during that wait, I found lots and lots of women who only saw a gestational sac around that time and went on to have successful pregnancies. Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is wait it out. The limbo period is really horrible, but there's no way around it unless you start bleeding heavily beforehand, which obviously we hope doesn't happen!

Kelly, what were your betas when you had the blighted ovum?   

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options

imagekelly321:

This same exact scenario happened to me as well back in January - I hope everything works out in your favor :) 

BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I only saw a gestational sac at 5 weeks. When I went in a week later there was a heartbeat.
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • Options

imagesingingsea:
    I only saw a gestational sac at 5 weeks. When I went in a week later there was a heartbeat.

This. Exactly. But I went back 5 days later due to insurance changing and saw a heartbeat!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"