Georgia Babies
Options

F*^$ YOU BOOBS!!!

Ok, EFF you right boob. I think I have mastitis. I have a fever, feel achy and my right boob hurts like HELL and is on FIRE! I did the manual pump to try to relieve the engorgement feeling and after a few (like 5 squeezes) I had 4 ounces of watery milk. It was not the same consistency/color as what I normally get. I took a warm shower which helped a little but holy god I feel like crap. I will be calling my OB 1st thing in the morning. I would like one part of my friggin body to not hurt for just 5 minutes. I am going to bed, just wanted to vent to people I knew would understand. 
Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: F*^$ YOU BOOBS!!!

• Options
    Oh no! I hope you feel better soon.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids birthday Ticker
  • Options
    Oh god, Lauren! I'm so sorry! And I don't have mastitis and I completely understand your sentiment of just wanting one thing to not hurt and be easy. Big hugs and I hope you get some meds ASAP!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Mastitis sucks! I had it when I was bfing Graham. Get the antibiotic ASAP. Hope you feel better soon.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Roci26Roci26 member
    I really hope you feel better soon. Mastitis hurts like hell! hopefully your OB can call your pharmacy and give you the meds ASAP.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm SO sorry lady!  I'm going to mention these here because I've never heard anyone mention them before, but someone gave them to me as a joke before Finn was born and they saved me SO SO SO many times.  I just pop them in the microwave for like 10 seconds and then pop them inside my nursing tank/bra/whatever and they help sooooooo much!  Gerber Breast Therapy Pads:

https://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Breast-Therapy-Relief-Reusable/dp/B005FE5SDK

hope you feel better fast!

• Options
    I'm so sorry.  I had mastitis with Abigail.  Get that antibiotic fast... you will feel better soon with that!  Hang in there.  Be sure to apply heat and definitely massage the boob - usually works best in the shower.  I also had some of those things Heather posted.  Good luck!
    Mommy to Abigail Elizabeth (11/4/11) and Brady Jasper (7/2/09)
    my blog
  • Options
    imagehthomas02:

I'm SO sorry lady!  I'm going to mention these here because I've never heard anyone mention them before, but someone gave them to me as a joke before Finn was born and they saved me SO SO SO many times.  I just pop them in the microwave for like 10 seconds and then pop them inside my nursing tank/bra/whatever and they help sooooooo much!  Gerber Breast Therapy Pads:

https://www.amazon.com/Gerber-Breast-Therapy-Relief-Reusable/dp/B005FE5SDK

hope you feel better fast!

Thank you I am going to see where I can get them.  

Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Oh and I'm sure you already know this but nurse as much as possible. I know that is hard with a toddler but it totally helps.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"