Preemies
Options

Thank you

I have been lurking and reading about your preemie babies and how well they are doing has made me feel so much better. It is very likely I will have a preemie. I have complete placenta previa. I was rushed to the hospital last week at 29 weeks and they thought they were going to have to do an emergency c-section then. Thankfully the bleeding stopped, I got the steroid shots and was on bed rest in high risk ob I'm the hospital. I was well enough to be sent home to be on strict bedrest at home. Before I left the hospital I met with high risk doctors to do a growth scan and come up with a plan. Little Bennett is measuring a week and one day behind which didn't sound too bad until they said he's 14th percentile-that makes me exyremely nervous! The plan is to stay on bed rest at home hopefully with no bleeding incidents until 37 weeks when will do a c-section. The high risk doctor said he didn't think i would make it to 37 weeks. Every day that he stays in there makes me happy though. I'm extremely anxious about him coming early but all of your posts on here about the hard times your preemies have overcome make me feel so much better. Thank you for sharing your experiences. Sorry for any typos- I'm writing this ony phone. 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Thank you

• Options

As others have said, don't get too concerned about the percentile. DD2 was measuring about 3 weeks behind at 30 weeks when I began bed rest. She dropped off the charts by 33 weeks and was 3lbs 8oz when she arrived at 35 weeks. Now she is over 10lbs and growing like crazy! 

Bed rest sucks, but every week your LO stays inside is that much closer to a take-home baby (or at least a short NICU stay).  I found that Netflix streaming was a sanity saver during bed rest. Good luck!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    come back any time you need to! sorry you'll be delivering early :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"