1st Trimester
Options

What'st the earliest you saw a HB? XP

I have an ultrasound Monday and I will be just shy of 6 weeks (they are doing it because of mild spotting.  They said the levels looked OK, but didn't have anything to compare it to so they wanted to be sure).  I'm wondering if we'll be able to tell if it's a viable pregnancy this early?

Re: What'st the earliest you saw a HB? XP

• Options
    At 5w5d they MIGHT be able to detect a hb but I would not be surprised if they could not.  Unfortunately early ultrasounds usually aren't able to give you very much information. With this pregnancy I had an u/s at 6w2d due to spotting and they just barely were able to get the h/r, the tech said a couple days earlier she would not have been able to pick it up. 
    11/2010 Diagnosed with PCOS 
    10/31/11 M/C at 9 weeks
    1/12/13 DD was born
    4/9/16 DS was born 
    9/17 CP 
    6/23/18 BFP EDD 3/4/19 

• Options

With DS, they found the heartbeat on ultrasound at 6wk3days. I'm pretty sure we heard it too, but we had another appt at 9 weeks and that might have been when we heard it...  I haven't had an appointment yet with this pregnancy. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We saw heartbeat at our 6W3D ultrasound.
    BabyName Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    we saw ours at 6 weeks. Good luck!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    We had an ultrasound at 6weeks4days and saw the heartbeat without a problem. You may only see the sac at 5 weeks.
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    With DD, we saw it at 5w6d.  This time, I had an u/s, I measure at 5w3d, there was a possible flicker.  When I went back 2w2d later, the baby measure 8w4, so I was farther along, and my OB wasn't guaranteeing a hb.
  • Options
    I was 6 weeks 1day and I was not expecting to see anything which made it much better
  • Options
    You might not be able to see it yet. Don't get too worried if they can't, that's normal for under 6 weeks.

If you knew how lonely my life has been And how long I've been so alone And if you knew how I wanted someone to come along And change my life the way you've done

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

pregnancy

Anniversary
  • Options
    We saw it at 6 weeks 2 days.  The tech mentioned that the heart probably only started beating the day before.  Don't be worried if you don't hear it.
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Aly217Aly217 member
    We saw and heard it at 5 weeks but the doctor was surprised by that. Don't be disappointed if you can't at your first appointment. Good luck!!
  • Options
    We saw one this time around at 6w2d with a HB of 109.  They say the heart starts beating somewhere between 5-6 weeks so you can see it.  According to my LMP I was 1 week further along and the doctor asked if I wanted an ultrasound that day which would had been 5w6d really.  I knew that I ovulated late and said I would rather for 3 days later which would make me 6w2d according to my ovulation date.  I'm so glad I waited, because I think it would have drove me crazy to not seen one at 5w6d even though I know it's perfectly normal not to.  Is this an option for you....I mean to wait a couple days??
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagetiff012982:
    We saw one this time around at 6w2d with a HB of 109.  They say the heart starts beating somewhere between 5-6 weeks so you can see it.  According to my LMP I was 1 week further along and the doctor asked if I wanted an ultrasound that day which would had been 5w6d really.  I knew that I ovulated late and said I would rather for 3 days later which would make me 6w2d according to my ovulation date.  I'm so glad I waited, because I think it would have drove me crazy to not seen one at 5w6d even though I know it's perfectly normal not to.  Is this an option for you....I mean to wait a couple days??

I had some mild spotting last week and they did a quant blood test but I didn't have anything to compare it to so they wanted me to come in to make sure.  They said that everything looked OK but this was a precaution.  I'm really nervous though. 

• Options
    We saw it at 6w 5 D
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • Options
    We first saw the h/b at 7weeks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 5/12/12; EDD 1/20/13; Eliana Grace born 1/25/13

BFP #2 12/11/13; EDD 8/23/14; M/C 6 weeks

BFP #3 4/3/14; EDD 12/13/14

Pregnancy Ticker

• Options
    Try not to worry if they cannot see the heartbeat that early. I went for an early u/s at 5w3d and we only saw the Gestational Sac...not even a fetal pole or yolk sac. Then, at 6w6d we saw and heard the heartbeat :)

08.2008 | Diagnosed with PCOS
    11.2011 | First appointment with RE
    12.2011 | HSG reveals 100% blockages in both tubes
    02.2012 | Laparoscopy & Hysteroscopy to unblock tubes...success!

{ BFP # 1 | April 1, 2012 }
    Jonah Alexander is here! Born 12.07.12 @ 39w3d

{ BFP # 2 | May 22, 2013 }
    Chemical Pregnancy :(

{ BFP # 3 | February 12, 2014 }
    So far, so good! We love you, little peanut!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We were lucky and were able to see and hear our little girl's HB at 5 wks, 5 days. We were using ovulation predictors, so we knew the dates were right. I hope everything goes well today!
    Labor buddy to jvdavisbaby! Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"