1st Trimester
Options

NT Test...2nd Timers

This is my second baby and with the first I was never given the option to get an NT test done. They now have the technology at the hospital so I can do it right here. Anyways, I'm nervous about it even though with my first there was and is nothing wrong with her. Are you 2nd timers nervous about this even if your first was perfectly fine?

Second question: Were you able to tell if your baby was a boy or girl?  I know its earlier then the 18-20 weeks but I just wanted to know if you could see "anything" or thought you saw "anything". Let me know your experiences with this test.

Thank you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: NT Test...2nd Timers

• Options

At that stage there's no way to distinguish male from female genitalia externally, so there's no way to tell on the ultrasound.

I had an NT scan with DD but won't with this one because I would have to pay OOP and don't want to. I'm actually less nervous with this one than I was with DD, but that's not saying much. I had such horrible cramping with her all through 1st tri that I was convinced I would miscarry at any second.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    With my DD I wasn't nervous at all, I just got the test so I could see her again. As far as sex, they weren't sur until I had an u/s at 32 weeks, no guesses early. With this baby I will get the test if my insurance still covers it. I am a little more nervous about everything this time around because I had a loss in between.

BFP 11/09 - DD 7/10 - BFP 8/11 - M/C 9/11 - BFP 6/12 - DD - 2/13

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I had the NT done with DD.  I was an absolute basket case the entire time, and even though the odds of her having any sort of problem were low, it did nothing to calm my fears.  I ended up getting it done a few days ago, but mainly because our insurance covered it and I had an appt with the high risk OB anyway.  We wound up not finding out the gender with DD until 32 weeks, since she was extremely stubborn during the anatomy scan and would not change position.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I had terrible results from my first NT scan... 1 in 21 chance of having a Downs baby. In the end, she's a perfect little girl. I go for my NT scan on Tuesday and I am scared that I will get to crazy test results and have to go through that stress again.

A friend of mine was told at her NT scan that they were pretty sure it was a boy, but not to go paint a bedroom blue or anything. They were correct in the end though. 

• Options
    imageSittinUnderAPalmTree:

I had terrible results from my first NT scan... 1 in 21 chance of having a Downs baby. In the end, she's a perfect little girl. I go for my NT scan on Tuesday and I am scared that I will get to crazy test results and have to go through that stress again.

A friend of mine was told at her NT scan that they were pretty sure it was a boy, but not to go paint a bedroom blue or anything. They were correct in the end though. 

I should add that neither myself or my husband have any other factors that would lead us to have a baby with Downs. Her neck fluid measurement was high and she had the absence of the nasal bone. Turns out she just has a cute little nose. 

• Options
    With m son, the nt scan was fine. We were able to clearly see the gender at 14 weeks though. And their guesses were right. 
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm going in for my test on Tuesday, so I can't respond to the second part of your post, but I can say that I am a little nervous. I didn't have the scan done when I was pregnant with my son, so this is a new thing for me. I'm a little scared that they will find something, but I also keep thinking that the odds are really against that. When's your scan?
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Kern91Kern91 member

imageTodd&Laura:
    I'm going in for my test on Tuesday, so I can't respond to the second part of your post, but I can say that I am a little nervous. I didn't have the scan done when I was pregnant with my son, so this is a new thing for me. I'm a little scared that they will find something, but I also keep thinking that the odds are really against that. When's your scan?

My scan is on Wednesday and I just want that day to come as fast as possible right now!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"