Georgia Babies
Options

Sneezing and Formula

Cecil's been exclusively on breastmilk until last week, when I decided to start supplementing with a mixed formula/BM bottle. I just went and got some of the Target brand "premium" infant formula.

Well, a couple of times, after drinking the bottle, he has an insane sneezing fit. It goes on for a full 10 minutes. I'm worried about a milk protein allergy, but he doesn't have any of the other classic symptoms like hives or diarrhea. He's also nursed this entire time with me eating ice cream, eating cereal with milk, etc. He's ALSO eaten yogurt with no problem. 

Should I switch to another formula or something? Does it sound like it's related to the formula? Also makes me wonder if his eczema fires up because of the dairy...

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Sneezing and Formula

• Options
    Does the formula you bought compare to the main brands? I buy the target brand formula that compares to Similac sensitive b/c that is what B drinks in addition to the BM. The ones that compare to enfamil and similac are the same as those. So maybe try that unless I am confusing what you said you bought. It might just be an ingredient that he needs to get used to. 
    Colin Patrick-7/14/08 Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers imageimageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Hmm that is interesting. I have no idea if it is formula related but I would def use a different formula to see if it makes a difference. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    myrallmyrall member

I *think* I figured it out. Turns out that the first time I saw it happen, my stepmom was giving C a bottle and had him laid almost flat. And when I gave him the bottle yesterday, he was laying in his Boppy. I think both times, he wasn't elevated enough and got some up his nose - thus the sneezing.

It's really rare that we give him bottles when he's with us - I usually just nurse him. I think it was just user error. LOL. We'll try one more time tonight and see what happens.

Lil' G was born April 25, 2008! Big C was born September 28, 2011! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagemyrall:

I *think* I figured it out. Turns out that the first time I saw it happen, my stepmom was giving C a bottle and had him laid almost flat. And when I gave him the bottle yesterday, he was laying in his Boppy. I think both times, he wasn't elevated enough and got some up his nose - thus the sneezing.

It's really rare that we give him bottles when he's with us - I usually just nurse him. I think it was just user error. LOL. We'll try one more time tonight and see what happens.

Lol at user error but I can actually understand that. I had to give my friend's baby a bottle and thought hmmm hope I'm doing this right. It's been awhile since I actually gave a bottle.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"