3rd Trimester

37 weeks 1 cm dilated

I went to my doctors appointment today and she said im 1 cm dilated, my cervix is thinning nicely and that baby has dropped :) I was really excited but then have been reading that it doesn't mean baby is coming anytime soon. I was wondering everyones opinions on this.

Re: 37 weeks 1 cm dilated

• I've been 1cm over 2 weeks and don't have another appt. till 17th I feel like I'm going to be pregnant FOREVER!
    image baby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I feel you on the pregnant forever thing!! Today was the first time they have checked me so Im not sure how long ive been 1 cm I go again next friday but she said I could be more or stay the same. I feel bummed almost I know I still have 3 weeks to go but I so badly want her here already I cant stand it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • my son was born at 34 weeks CS and was 7lbs 6oz.... this LO was 5lbs over 5 weeks ago so I feel like im going to explode?? 
    image baby Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I was 1cm at 37 weeks last time, and very thin.  Following week still the same.  40 weeks I was 1.5cm.  I was induced at 40 weeks, 26 hours of labor, and had him at 40 weeks, 1 day.

I hope it's soon for you though!  Everyone is different.  You can go from 0-10 in a matter of hours.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Im 35w 5d tand today my dr said Im "fingertip dilated" she has fat fingers so I'd say 1cm & she said ~60% effaced. My mom (an RN) said the effaced % means more.. Its how thin your cervix is. Im excited to see what they say next friday! Im due 8/5 and baby boy knows he cannot come until  after 4pm on 7/30 but I would be TOTALLY ESTATIC if he came 7/31!  I like ruby's better than peridot's! 

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • With DS (my first) I was dilated 3 cm at 37 weeks. At 41 weeks I was 5 cm and still didn't go into labor on my own. I was induced due to low amniotic fluid at 41 weeks 1 day. With DD (my second) I was all closed up at 38 weeks and was then induced due to pre-e. I hope early progress means more for you, but it really doesn't matter. This time around, I don't even want to know because it is such a mind game. I walked around for 4 freaking weeks thinking DS was going to be born any moment. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • With my son I was 1cm dilated and 80% effaced at my 37 week appointment.  I went into labor exactly a week later.  I had my first internal yesterday at 36 weeks and I'm 1cm dilated and 50% effaced.  I wish there were some way to predict labor based on these stats but there isn't.  I just take it for what it is, progress.
  • Unfortunately, I have been a little more than 1 cm dilated for 3.5 weeks now (since 35w) with 50% effacement with the baby dropped and I have had no progression.  My doctor still says I'll deliver a week early which is this week, but it's such a bummer to go in each week and hear that we haven't made any more progress even though I'm getting more uncomfortable with more BH.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"