FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• Options
    imageLadyMadrid08:
    imagenraymond1:
    imageCocoR04:
    imagekread8:

You can even have a whole cup ladies!  It's not too much caffeine.  :)  But obviously, only do what you're comfortable with.  Just saying there is no problem in the amounts you are consuming.  :)

I have had a whole cup the past 2 days and it really has helped to keep me *ahem* regular. 

I'm being so paranoid about this! I feel like there's such a range in what 8 oz of coffee is. I tend to drink jet fuel with a ton of sugar and a tiny touch of cream. I'd want to know what they're looking at when they say that. What about people who drink it black or drink stronger than a regular blend? 

These are good questions...if you are worried about the amount in the coffee you usually drink I'd look up recommended amounts of caffeine per day during pregnancy and compare that to what you usually consume.  I'm sure there's a way to strike a healthy balance.   

3 8 oz cups is caffeine a day    That includes soda.   :) 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Options

imageDC2London:
    I changed my mind, I do have one. I've been sucking on Life Savers to help mask the nasty taste in my mouth, and I got so sick of DS having a fit asking for them that yesterday I gave in and let him have one.  I was desperate for him to stop screaming (he's missed a few naps in a row and has been really fussy) so I gave him a purple one thinking they are disgusting and he wouldn't like it....he did.  He chewed it.  And then he asked for another one (I didn't give him any more).  Ugh.  I try so hard to keep him on a healthy, well-balanced diet, but....toddlers, man.  Most days I'm just happy if he eats.

ha! No flames here. I'm in my own teething toddler he!! and it's really making it hard for me to get excited about this pregnancy - just in that it's making me so completely exhausted and run down all the time. We're also in the middle of moving so I just have too much on my plate. I feel bad that I don't have the same "yay baby! countdown the days!" attitude that I did at this point in my first pregnancy. Don't get me wrong - I'm excited and very blessed, but I feel guilty that it's not to the same degree. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    mjr12mjr12 member
    imagejarebearsmom:
    imagekread8:

I am also planning on getting my hair highlighted next Saturday and I can't wait.  I have heard so many different schools of thought on hair dye during pregnancy, but so far I haven't seen any sort of conclusive proof that it could hurt the baby.

It won't hurt the baby. The hormones could make your hair not turn out the right way but if you are going to a salon you should be fine. A friend of mine dyed hers at home and part of the highlights turned out green from the hormones but I think it was because she used a dollar store brand hair dye.  

I completely agree.  Just tell your stylist that your pregnant (please see a professional) :).  The hormones in your body can do funny things to the color, but other than that you should be just fine!  

FYI, My mom, sister and SIL are all cosmetologists, and I was NEVER, EVER, going to go my entire pregnancy without getting colored!  I did it the whole time, and I never had a problem with either the color, or feeling sick from the smell.  And DS is just fine!  :)  Enjoy yourself.  You deserve it! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagelylahlove:

I feel bad that I don't have the same "yay baby! countdown the days!" attitude that I did at this point in my first pregnancy. Don't get me wrong - I'm excited and very blessed, but I feel guilty that it's not to the same degree. 

I'm with you!  I actually wish time would slow down a little bit --I feel like we have so much more to do this time for some reason and I'm feeling stressed! 

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• Options

imageAegis2005:
    I don't get why people need to have multiple tickers in their siggy.  Really, do you need 2, 3 or even 4 tickers to tell you how far along you are?

Maybe we should save this for UO Thursday but  ITA 

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Options
    imagesragreen:
    imageLadyMadrid08:
    imageCocoR04:
    imagekread8:

Oh and I still have a 1/2 cup of coffee every morning.  I think I'm bad at being pregnant!

I do, too!  I have a half a cup of tea - something I've been drinking every day since I was in high school (I'm now 30).  I feel okay having that one small amount of caffeine a day.  

You can even have a whole cup ladies!  It's not too much caffeine.  :)  But obviously, only do what you're comfortable with.  Just saying there is no problem in the amounts you are consuming.  :)

I have had a whole cup the past 2 days and it really has helped to keep me *ahem* regular. 

I still have my one cup of coffee a day. My dr said one or 2 is fine so I'm OK with it.

• Options
    kread8kread8 member
    imagemjr12:
    imagejarebearsmom:
    imagekread8:

I am also planning on getting my hair highlighted next Saturday and I can't wait.  I have heard so many different schools of thought on hair dye during pregnancy, but so far I haven't seen any sort of conclusive proof that it could hurt the baby.

It won't hurt the baby. The hormones could make your hair not turn out the right way but if you are going to a salon you should be fine. A friend of mine dyed hers at home and part of the highlights turned out green from the hormones but I think it was because she used a dollar store brand hair dye.  

I completely agree.  Just tell your stylist that your pregnant (please see a professional) :).  The hormones in your body can do funny things to the color, but other than that you should be just fine!  

FYI, My mom, sister and SIL are all cosmetologists, and I was NEVER, EVER, going to go my entire pregnancy without getting colored!  I did it the whole time, and I never had a problem with either the color, or feeling sick from the smell.  And DS is just fine!  :)  Enjoy yourself.  You deserve it! 

Definitely seeing a professional!  And will tell her right away that I'm pregnant.  She actually just got back from maternity leave herself so I have been looking forward to seeing her again for months!  Can't find anyone else that can handle my thick head of hair the way she does!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

M/C 7/8/12

Perfect baby boy born 7/8/13

BFP 8/20/14 EDD 4/27/15 It's a GIRL!!

• Options
    imagepinkleopard11:

It will be soooooo much easier to go to school now than when you have a LO.  People do it, but I don't know how!  If you want to get your degree I would definitely get as much done as possible before LO is born. 

I know, I keep trying to tell myself that.. but ugh, it's so difficult to make myself do it.  Plus I am dreading the Fall, I have to take a math class and math is sooo not my forte. :( 

I'm in graduate school right now and I have a one-year-old and a full-time job. Believe me: going to school pregnant is a million times easier than once you have a baby. (Thankfully my job is boring and pointless and sometimes I can do my homework at work.)

I hear you on the math: I have an English degree, if that tells you how great my math skills are. :) 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

ok, here goes...

I have a bad habit, that when I see an older man with a younger woman (on a date, or very clearly not related), i automatically think "golddigger" and they can not possibly have anything in common.

Branching off from that, if I see an older man (say 45+) with a younger woman who very clearly does not speak very good english yet is all over him, I think "mail order bride"...do these men not know what idiots/perverts they look like?

• Options

I'm so jealous of all you ladies that have someone at home with you. My H has been around for 3 whole days since we found out, and will hopefully get one day off to come to the Dr appt.  I'm miserable, lonely and tired of trying to keep the house up.  I wish he was home to baby me.

Perhaps this is really FFF whines.

• Options
    imagelylahlove:

imageDC2London:
    I changed my mind, I do have one. I've been sucking on Life Savers to help mask the nasty taste in my mouth, and I got so sick of DS having a fit asking for them that yesterday I gave in and let him have one.  I was desperate for him to stop screaming (he's missed a few naps in a row and has been really fussy) so I gave him a purple one thinking they are disgusting and he wouldn't like it....he did.  He chewed it.  And then he asked for another one (I didn't give him any more).  Ugh.  I try so hard to keep him on a healthy, well-balanced diet, but....toddlers, man.  Most days I'm just happy if he eats.

ha! No flames here. I'm in my own teething toddler he!! and it's really making it hard for me to get excited about this pregnancy - just in that it's making me so completely exhausted and run down all the time. We're also in the middle of moving so I just have too much on my plate. I feel bad that I don't have the same "yay baby! countdown the days!" attitude that I did at this point in my first pregnancy. Don't get me wrong - I'm excited and very blessed, but I feel guilty that it's not to the same degree. 

This is me exactly! DD was up every hour last night and is cutting 2 teeth right now. It makes me miss my first pregnancy when I could just lay around in the evenings and sleep in on the weekends. I'm so excited for this baby but I'm having trouble coming to terms with the fact that I may never sleep again! Also, I suuuuuuck at taking my prenatals. :(

• Options
    my best friend's bachelorette party is in 2 weeks.  I planned the entire thing.  All I keep thinking about is how its going to suck that I will be the only sober one there.   I do plan on having one malibu bay breeze... so I will have to repear the FFFC in a few weeks after I enjoyed my one drink lol
    pregnancy BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary IAmPregnant Ticker
  • Options

I have one:

I was supposed to be starting a master's degree this summer (I work for a college, so it would be free through a tuition voucher) but now that I'm pregnant I'm not going to....and I may never do it because I've wanted to be a Mom for so long I just want to enjoy this time and focus on the baby. SAD but true! :-)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickersimage

Lilypie Maternity tickers image
  • Options
    imageNicoleN82:

ok, here goes...

I have a bad habit, that when I see an older man with a younger woman (on a date, or very clearly not related), i automatically think "golddigger" and they can not possibly have anything in common.

Branching off from that, if I see an older man (say 45+) with a younger woman who very clearly does not speak very good english yet is all over him, I think "mail order bride"...do these men not know what idiots/perverts they look like?

I agree, but at the same time I've learned not to judge ages without knowing for sure.  DH has a lot of gray hair and has since I met him (when he was 25).  I was 19 when we started dating and he came to visit me in the US that summer.  We were walking past the movie theater where I was working and ran into my boss.  Later my manager asked me how old DH was and when I said 25 he was shocked.  My boss was 28 and said he thought DH was older than him by a lot!  

On the flipside one of DH's friends looks 15 when in reality she's 28.  It's taught me a lesson that you really can't judge without being completely sure about the ages because there are SO many people who look older/younger than they are. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    My FFFC is that I'm hungry but didn't want to make anything or use any dishes so I'm eating ice cream out of the huge tub right now.  It's delicious.
  • Options
    imageMrsTwiddy:

I have one:

I was supposed to be starting a master's degree this summer (I work for a college, so it would be free through a tuition voucher) but now that I'm pregnant I'm not going to....and I may never do it because I've wanted to be a Mom for so long I just want to enjoy this time and focus on the baby. SAD but true! :-)

This is somewhat similar to me! I was going to start my masters degree this past year but kind of got lazy and distracted with wanting a baby instead. Ever since I had baby on the brain, I've just got off getting the masters degree. I don't even know what I want my masters degree in or if I even want one and now that I'm really pregnant I just plain don't care much anymore. 

Another FFFC: We have friends that want to stop by and see me and husband. Husband is at work until 4:30 but as some of you may have read, I'm not super social (or social AT ALL) right now so I just left my phone on silent in the bedroom so I won't see any texts or calls about asking if I'm free. Oops....

• Options
    As we speak I am eating a Micky D breakfast with a cup of coffee.   YUMMMMMYYY
    Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageLadyMadrid08:
    My FFFC is that I'm hungry but didn't want to make anything or use any dishes so I'm eating ice cream out of the huge tub right now.  It's delicious.

I love this! So funny :) Totally something I would do!

• Options
    imagepaceyjoe:

imageLadyMadrid08:

um. this is how I always eat ice cream. I even have a Ben & Jerry's pint koozie 

BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • Options
    imageravenclaw1:
    imagepaceyjoe:

imageLadyMadrid08:

Yeah, but out of a pint is one thing.  I'm talking huge cheapo-o tub.  Obviously Ben & Jerry's you eat out of the carton! 

• Options
    I CANNOT stop reading the "50 Shades" series...I know they are terribly written (I teach English) but I can't resist. On the plus side, it's certainly spicing things up around here. ;-)

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Options
    Sometimes I use being pregnant as an excuse to sleep at 9pm. (granted I wake up at 5:30 with a toddler, but the living room also being our bedroom puts a damper on P's evening...banished to the kitchen!)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imageravenclaw1:
    imagepaceyjoe:

imageLadyMadrid08:

That's a thing? I need one. Where do I find it?

My confession is that I just didn't care enough about work today that I called in sick to spend the last day before DS comes home from his vacation with his cousins with DH. Only downfall is that as the day goes on, my nausea's getting worse. I think I might have to get DH to pick me up sea bands when he goes for groceries. Stupid karma. 

BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    tdmd09tdmd09 member

I have a SIL who is very insecure and lives across the country and has made jabs for years that my ILs will love my children more than hers because we live in town and she doesn't. She has a son who is 3.5. I am totally neutral about wanting one sex over the other, but I think it would be kind of awesome if this baby was a girl because it would be the first granddaughter which would probably piss off SIL even more than she will be anyway when we finally have a baby. If it's a boy, I can totally see her pulling some sort of "Oh but MY son is the OLDEST grandson!" nonsense to make herself sound superior.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Congrats to both my TTC buddies, Amberley18 and sb2006 on their beautiful babies!
  • Options

I have several confessions :)

1)  I just stopped at the 7-11 for a big Coke slurpee on my walk over to Whole Foods for organic veggies.  Everyone was looking at me funny :)

2)  I have dance rehearsal tonight, but I don't feel like going.  I could say its a touch of nausea or the fatigue, but the truth is I just don't want to go.  I'm going to call in sick :)

3)  This one I feel bad about: I woke up this morning just SURE there was something important to do today, but I couldn't remember what it was.  I thought and thought, but couldn't remember - so I went on with my day.  Around 12 noon I remembered: I was supposed to call nurse's hours between 11-12 to schedule my first ultrasound.  And I forgot!  SO weird b/c I've been looking forward to it for weeks!  I feel like a huge moron (and kinda a bad mommy!)  Guess I have to wait till Monday to call :( 

DS born February 5, 2013

Need tips for surviving cat allergies? Check out my bio! :)

• Options
    I am super jealous of everyone on here who has been to the doctor already.  :)  Next week I finally get to go...  and then I can breathe (a temporary) sigh of relief (hopefully).
  • Options
    I am so exhausted all the time and feel like a useless lazy person! I can't bring myself to eat much of anything we have in the house but don't want to leave so I just ordered myself Papa John's Pizza. Yum. Hoping I can stomach it when it arrives! 
    Erin
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest BabyName Ticker
  • Options

I'm actually craving Hamburger Helper. Tongue Tied

I'll be glad when I can get back to my regular eating habits.

Mom to 4 wonderful children: T(8), B(6) ,M(3), and A(1)
    baby #5 due 12-07-14
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

I'm in a mood so bare with me!

-I haven't done dishes in 3 days. I just. can't. get. the. energy. DH offers to do them and I whine and ask him to just cuddle with me.

-A girl at work keeps making comments about my "bulge" it's not a bulge shiithead it's bloat. Big difference. And she said,"I weighed 200 lbs when I delivered my second." Okay, cool. I doubt I'm going to gain 114 lbs. If I do, then I do..but I have a feeling Doc would have mucho to say about that one.

-We're going to a wedding this weekend. No one knows we're pregnant..and one of my DH's best friends is engaged to this obnoxious girl who ALWAYS asks me if I'm pregnant yet. I kinda wanna knock her out like every time we hang out with them. Not looking forward to it.

• Options

1) I pretended to not hear the alarm go of this morning so DH had to get up and get DD ready for daycare by himself and take her...

2) I took the batteries out of the glade automatic air freshener out of the bathroom because the scent my mother has in it makes me want to vomit every time I go pee.. which is a lot... she  noticed it wasn't working and threw it out because she thought it was broken and I just didn't say anything... hehe i knew she wouldn't be smart enough to check the batteries  :)

• Options

Two people called off work today (I work at a VERY small company), and I wish that I could have because I threw up as soon as I got there. However, I had important stuff to get done, so I knew I couldn't.

Also, it is a little annoying when my twin brother (who is not a doctor) tells me that I am being too "delicate" about my pregnancy. He thinks that the things that I have been told by my doctor not to do or not to eat should be perfectly fine because women have been pregnant for thousands of years, etc. I take this with a grain of salt, but sometimes I want to scream, "You are not a doctor, so I will listen to what the doctor says!"

Edited to add: Also, the words preggers and prego really aren't my favorites. Just say pregnant

Lilypie - (KNqh)
  • Options
    imageCocoR04:
    imagekread8:

Oh and I still have a 1/2 cup of coffee every morning.  I think I'm bad at being pregnant!

I do, too!  I have a half a cup of tea - something I've been drinking every day since I was in high school (I'm now 30).  I feel okay having that one small amount of caffeine a day.  

I have a whole cup of tea each morning or 1/2 a cup of coffee.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"