February 2013 Moms
Options

FFFC

Re: FFFC

• Options
    Suz+MoSuz+Mo member

My confession is that I wish I hadn't told my friend that I'm pregnant. She struggled with infertility much longer than I did and I hate that my pregnancy makes her sad. I wish I just hadn't told her and she could have lived in ignorant bliss for a few more weeks thinking we were still going through this together.  I still support her 100% but I know our friendship will be different, and I wish I could go back to that.

Oh Lord, please give her a child too so we can rejoice together!! Please!! 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

Sorry, what's FFFC? 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageSuz+Mo:

My confession is that I wish I hadn't told my friend that I'm pregnant. She struggled with infertility much longer than I did and I hate that my pregnancy makes her sad. I wish I just hadn't told her and she could have lived in ignorant bliss for a few more weeks thinking we were still going through this together.  I still support her 100% but I know our friendship will be different, and I wish I could go back to that.

I have a deep fear this is going to be me in a couple of weeks. My coworker and friend was going through infertility treatments at the same time I was, now I'm pregnant and I know she's not. I'm trying to think of the best way to tell her. 

BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I have been eating hot dogs...cooked of course, but I've had quite a few. I'm not normally a hot dog person, but lately out of all the BBQ offerings (chicken, burgers, sausage) they are the ONLY appealing option, and due to the time of year we've been to quite a few BBQs lately.

July TTCAL Siggy Challenge - Favorite Children's Book
    Donkey-Donkey - Roger Duvoisin  1968  Vintage Childrens Book
    Surprise BFP 5/15/12, EDD 1/29/13, mm/c @ 8wks, discovered at 11wks, D&C 7/11/12
    AF finally arrived on Christmas after 167 days of waiting.
    TTA until January 2014
    Follow Me on Pinterestimageimage
    PGAL/PAL always welcome

• Options
    Suz+MoSuz+Mo member
    imagePunkin21:
    imageSuz+Mo:

I have a deep fear this is going to be me in a couple of weeks. My coworker and friend was going through infertility treatments at the same time I was, now I'm pregnant and I know she's not. I'm trying to think of the best way to tell her. 

Just a warning.....it's miserable. My friend was so sweet and congratulated me, but I could tell it stung when i told her (via email so she had time to cry if she needed to) and she asked if we could cancel our weekend plans which I totally get but I just hate that she is sad. Infertility hurts so bad. 

• Options
    Suz+MoSuz+Mo member
    imagenraymond1:

Sorry, what's FFFC? 

Flame free Friday confessions. It's where you can confess something and not get flames for it. 

• Options

imageByeByeBooze:
    I had 2 glasses of champagne with my husband to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. They were delicious and, since my doctor and my OB MIL said it was totally fine, I don't feel bad.

Cheers to your anniversary!! No flames here, I fully intend to do the same on our 5yr anniversary coming up.

July TTCAL Siggy Challenge - Favorite Children's Book
    Donkey-Donkey - Roger Duvoisin  1968  Vintage Childrens Book
    Surprise BFP 5/15/12, EDD 1/29/13, mm/c @ 8wks, discovered at 11wks, D&C 7/11/12
    AF finally arrived on Christmas after 167 days of waiting.
    TTA until January 2014
    Follow Me on Pinterestimageimage
    PGAL/PAL always welcome

• Options
    I told my best friend that her new boyfriend sounds like a stoner and that I was surprised she was dating him because he doesn't physically look like her type. It was a little nicer than than, but yep, the filter is GONE!
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker
    image"">
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    kread8kread8 member

I couldn't resist and had a Jersey Mike's sandwich the other day and didn't heat it up... oops.  (I know there are plenty of people that say lunch meat is fine, but I have been trying to play it safe)

I am also planning on getting my hair highlighted next Saturday and I can't wait.  I have heard so many different schools of thought on hair dye during pregnancy, but so far I haven't seen any sort of conclusive proof that it could hurt the baby.

Oh and I still have a 1/2 cup of coffee every morning.  I think I'm bad at being pregnant!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

M/C 7/8/12

Perfect baby boy born 7/8/13

BFP 8/20/14 EDD 4/27/15 It's a GIRL!!

• Options
    imageDC2London:
    imagenraymond1:

Sorry, what's FFFC? 

Flame free Friday confession.  The original intention was to be able to confess things without being flamed, but it rarely works out that way.  This board is pretty tame though. 

Cool, thanks! I'm going to Canada Monday for a week and planning to eat my weight in poutine. Some things sound like it's pasteurized and some say no. I'm eating it anyway. I'm going to try hard not to do the same with the amazing local lobster more than a couple times but that's going to be tricky. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagekread8:

Oh and I still have a 1/2 cup of coffee every morning.  I think I'm bad at being pregnant!

I do, too!  I have a half a cup of tea - something I've been drinking every day since I was in high school (I'm now 30).  I feel okay having that one small amount of caffeine a day.  

• Options
    Mash67Mash67 member
    Last night around 8 my throat started feeling funny.. I woke up to no voice and feeling like crap. I called out of work, but now I feel fine and I want to go watch the dolphin's catching bait fish in the river, and work on my tan.
  • Options
    imagenraymond1:
    imageDC2London:
    imagenraymond1:

Sorry, what's FFFC? 

Flame free Friday confession.  The original intention was to be able to confess things without being flamed, but it rarely works out that way.  This board is pretty tame though. 

Cool, thanks! I'm going to Canada Monday for a week and planning to eat my weight in poutine. Some things sound like it's pasteurized and some say no. I'm eating it anyway. I'm going to try hard not to do the same with the amazing local lobster more than a couple times but that's going to be tricky. 

What province are you going to? Most provinces have a law that all cheese must be pasteurized. If it isn't pasteurized it has to be aged for 90 days which is almost as safe because most problems would show up in that 90 days. I've eaten a lot of poutine this pregnancy and it makes me happy. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagekread8:

I am also planning on getting my hair highlighted next Saturday and I can't wait.  I have heard so many different schools of thought on hair dye during pregnancy, but so far I haven't seen any sort of conclusive proof that it could hurt the baby.

It won't hurt the baby. The hormones could make your hair not turn out the right way but if you are going to a salon you should be fine. A friend of mine dyed hers at home and part of the highlights turned out green from the hormones but I think it was because she used a dollar store brand hair dye.  

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Married my best friend 01/01/09

BFP#1 05/06/10. Jarebear born 12/29/10.

BFP#2 06/22/12 (DH's birthday). EDD 02/23/13. M/C and D&C 08/09/12

BFP#3 02/04/13. Alaina Beth born 10/09/13.
  • Options
    ebwhitebwhit member
    I bought an expensive bottle of wine and I plan on having a crisp cold glass the moment I'm through my 1st trimester. I will probably have another glass the next day. Then I will chill out and go to once a week even though my midwife said twice a week is okay.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    ME (26) DH (32) Diagnosis- unexplained recurrent pregnancy loss
    BFP #1 7/12- MC 8w.3d
    BFP #2 10/12- CP 
    BFP #3 1/13 - CP
    BFP #4 8/13- MC 6w3d
    IUI #1 50mg Clomid/Ovidrel 1/13-BFN
    IUI #2 2/14 100MG Clomid/Ovidrel- BFP! grow baby grow

• Options
    imageCocoR04:
    imagekread8:

I do, too!  I have a half a cup of tea - something I've been drinking every day since I was in high school (I'm now 30).  I feel okay having that one small amount of caffeine a day.  

You can even have a whole cup ladies!  It's not too much caffeine.  :)  But obviously, only do what you're comfortable with.  Just saying there is no problem in the amounts you are consuming.  :)

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Suz+MoSuz+Mo member

imageMash67:
    Last night around 8 my throat started feeling funny.. I woke up to no voice and feeling like crap. I called out of work, but now I feel fine and I want to go watch the dolphin's catching bait fish in the river, and work on my tan.

Do it!!! 

• Options
    imageDC2London:
    imagenraymond1:

What province are you going to? Most provinces have a law that all cheese must be pasteurized. If it isn't pasteurized it has to be aged for 90 days which is almost as safe because most problems would show up in that 90 days. I've eaten a lot of poutine this pregnancy and it makes me happy. 

Oh, ok, cool. Everything I found said there were laws like that in the states but I couldn't find any for Canada. I'm going all across Quebec, from St. Hermengilde (I did find that Coaticook cheese curds ARE pasturized) up through La Tabatiere which is way in the boonies so I'm less sure there. Everything I read said it needed to be used as close to when it was made as possible (the squeeky factor). But I figure I saw enough Canadian pregnant posts saying they inhaled it the whole pregnancy that I should be fine.

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageLadyMadrid08:
    imageCocoR04:
    imagekread8:

You can even have a whole cup ladies!  It's not too much caffeine.  :)  But obviously, only do what you're comfortable with.  Just saying there is no problem in the amounts you are consuming.  :)

I have had a whole cup the past 2 days and it really has helped to keep me *ahem* regular. 

image"">
  • Options

imageMash67:

I don't think you should all feel bad for that. Except that you didn't invite all us! That sounds lovely, enjoy it! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imageCocoR04:
    imagekread8:

I have had a whole cup the past 2 days and it really has helped to keep me *ahem* regular. 

I'm being so paranoid about this! I feel like there's such a range in what 8 oz of coffee is. I tend to drink jet fuel with a ton of sugar and a tiny touch of cream. I'd want to know what they're looking at when they say that. What about people who drink it black or drink stronger than a regular blend? 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

imageDC2London:
    I changed my mind, I do have one. I've been sucking on Life Savers to help mask the nasty taste in my mouth, and I got so sick of DS having a fit asking for them that yesterday I gave in and let him have one.  I was desperate for him to stop screaming (he's missed a few naps in a row and has been really fussy) so I gave him a purple one thinking they are disgusting and he wouldn't like it....he did.  He chewed it.  And then he asked for another one (I didn't give him any more).  Ugh.  I try so hard to keep him on a healthy, well-balanced diet, but....toddlers, man.  Most days I'm just happy if he eats.

Hehe I love that he chewed it! Well, they're small enough and they are called life savers for a reason, I wouldn't worry about it. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagenraymond1:
    imageCocoR04:
    imagekread8:

I'm being so paranoid about this! I feel like there's such a range in what 8 oz of coffee is. I tend to drink jet fuel with a ton of sugar and a tiny touch of cream. I'd want to know what they're looking at when they say that. What about people who drink it black or drink stronger than a regular blend? 

These are good questions...if you are worried about the amount in the coffee you usually drink I'd look up recommended amounts of caffeine per day during pregnancy and compare that to what you usually consume.  I'm sure there's a way to strike a healthy balance.   

• Options
    imagenraymond1:

imageDC2London:
    I changed my mind, I do have one. I've been sucking on Life Savers to help mask the nasty taste in my mouth, and I got so sick of DS having a fit asking for them that yesterday I gave in and let him have one.  I was desperate for him to stop screaming (he's missed a few naps in a row and has been really fussy) so I gave him a purple one thinking they are disgusting and he wouldn't like it....he did.  He chewed it.  And then he asked for another one (I didn't give him any more).  Ugh.  I try so hard to keep him on a healthy, well-balanced diet, but....toddlers, man.  Most days I'm just happy if he eats.

Hehe I love that he chewed it! Well, they're small enough and they are called life savers for a reason, I wouldn't worry about it. 

Haha!  This.  They are life savers for a reason.  ;)   

• Options
    imagenraymond1:
    imageCocoR04:
    imagekread8:

I know! I wish companies were required to post "nutrition" information on everything lol. I put 1/4 cup FF milk and about 1/2 tsp of  sugar-free caramel syrup in my coffee. It tastes just like something from Starbucks!

image"">
  • Options
    I have no patience for anyone at work. I also have become extremely annoyed with whispering. My cube mate has people come to her desk several times a day to chat and all they do is whisper and snicker. It takes everything in me to not tell them to shut the hel! up.

BabyFruit Ticker}

Lots of love TBBFF lobosabby!! Always rooting for the TTGP girls

My Chart

• Options
    imageDC2London:
    imagenraymond1:

This was my H's logic: "It's not a choking hazard bc there's a hole in the middle."  O_O 

It's true, it's sad but that's where they came from. A little girl way back in the day choked to death on a hard candy and so her dad invented Lifesavers. It's terrible, but it created something that is relatively safe for kids. I wouldn't do it unsupervised, still, but it's a nice start to the world of candies. I feel like it's safer than gum. 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

my motivation level at work is hovering around a zero

I have a bunch of crap I need to do, but as you can see, I'm not doing it. Where's 5:00??!?!

BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • Options
    imageravenclaw1:

my motivation level at work is hovering around a zero

I have a bunch of crap I need to do, but as you can see, I'm not doing it. Where's 5:00??!?!

Oh man, glad it's not just me! I used to be able to knit at work when it got slow but my boss's gf complained so no I have to stare at the computer. Sooooo bored! 

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    kread8kread8 member
    imagesragreen:
    imageLadyMadrid08:
    imageCocoR04:
    imagekread8:

that's why I'm still drinking it every morning!  Helps keep things moving!

M/C 7/8/12

• Options
    I don't get why people need to have multiple tickers in their siggy.  Really, do you need 2, 3 or even 4 tickers to tell you how far along you are?
    Me: 35 DH: 37 TTC since 4/2010
    DX: 6/9/2011: Azoo ICSI/IVF only option for biological child
    IVF #1: ER - 9/26 * ET - 10/1 * beta#1 10/13 - 140 * beta#2 10/17 - 477 * beta#3 10/20 - 1101
    1st u/s at 6w6d - one hb * 2nd u/s at 8w3d - no hb detected 11/10/11 * natural m/c 11/13/11
    FET #1 Jan/Feb 2012 - 3 delays - cancelled 2/13
    FET #1.2 - May/June 2012 - ET 6/6/* beta#1 6/15 - 95 * beta #2 6/19 - 322 * beta #3 6/22 - 940
    7/6 1st u/s @ 7 weeks - one beautiful hb - released from RE
    EDD 2/22/2013
    PAIF/SAIF/PGAL welcome
    imageimageimageimage
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I've got a little confession and I feel guilty when I talk to DH about it.  I started back to college this summer, taking two classes the first summer session, and planned to take two more classes second summer session, then three this fall and two in the spring, then graduate.

Wellll.. I'll be finished with my first two classes next week and I am NOT AT ALL interested in signing up for any more.  I don't want to spend all of my free time with my nose in a boring college textbook.. I want to browse the interwebz for baby things, duh! 

I have lost interest and want to skip 2nd summer session, especially because its SO expensive.  I also wouldn't be graduating in the spring since obviously I would be having a baby at the beginning of the semester, and would rather focus on that instead of school.

Ugh, I'm full of excuses and completely over the school thing.  I have a great paying job right now, so the degree was really just to say I had one.  But I feel like it can wait.

TTC #1 since April 2011

BFP #1: June 7, 2012 -- EDD 2/15/13 -- MMC 8/13/12 (stopped growing at 11w) -- D&C 8/17/12

BFP #2: November 10, 2012 -- EDD 7/22/13 -- Hudson Reid

• Options
    imagenraymond1:
    imageDC2London:
    imagenraymond1:

Oh, ok, cool. Everything I found said there were laws like that in the states but I couldn't find any for Canada. I'm going all across Quebec, from St. Hermengilde (I did find that Coaticook cheese curds ARE pasturized) up through La Tabatiere which is way in the boonies so I'm less sure there. Everything I read said it needed to be used as close to when it was made as possible (the squeeky factor). But I figure I saw enough Canadian pregnant posts saying they inhaled it the whole pregnancy that I should be fine.

Last law I heard for Quebec (and I don't think it has changed) is that they were allowing for unpasteurized cheese that wasn't aged. You can just ask or what I would do is assume that the heat of the gravy will kill off anything you don't want. I do enjoy raw milk though so I'm a little lax on those things.  Have fun in Quebec it really is a beautiful place! 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    kread8kread8 member

imageSouthernpeach80:
    I have no patience for anyone at work. I also have become extremely annoyed with whispering. My cube mate has people come to her desk several times a day to chat and all they do is whisper and snicker. It takes everything in me to not tell them to shut the hel! up.

This is me!!!  I typically have a low patience level but lately it has gotten ridiculous!  I know at some point during this pregnancy that I will yell at one of my co-workers...

M/C 7/8/12

• Options
    imagekread8:

that's why I'm still drinking it every morning!  Helps keep things moving!

decaf does the same :) 

BFP #1 - Mango - 6/11/12, EDD 2/22/12 Natural MC 7/15/12
    BFP #2 - Nacho - 10/14/12, EDD 6/20/13, MMC 8 weeks, D&C 11/16/12
    All testing shows both H and I are perfectly normal. Baby Nacho had triploidy. 
    Back to normal business December 2012
    BFP #3 - Froggy - 1/15/13, EDD 9/27/13 TEAM GREEN
    It's a girl! Alice - Born 9/20/13, 8lbs 2oz

imageimage
  • Options

It will be soooooo much easier to go to school now than when you have a LO.  People do it, but I don't know how!  If you want to get your degree I would definitely get as much done as possible before LO is born. 

I know, I keep trying to tell myself that.. but ugh, it's so difficult to make myself do it.  Plus I am dreading the Fall, I have to take a math class and math is sooo not my forte. :( 

TTC #1 since April 2011

BFP #1: June 7, 2012 -- EDD 2/15/13 -- MMC 8/13/12 (stopped growing at 11w) -- D&C 8/17/12

BFP #2: November 10, 2012 -- EDD 7/22/13 -- Hudson Reid

• Options
    mjr12mjr12 member
    imagePunkin21:
    imageSuz+Mo:

Me three! The owner of DS's daycare and a dear friend of mine has been struggling with fertility issues.  She desperately wants a second child, and has had several miscarriages.  I want nothing more than for her to have a little baby.  I'm more saddened by the fact that I don't want to tell her our pregnancy was an unexpected surprise (we had wanted to wait until early 2013 to start trying). I know she does the daycare because she loves children so much, but it must be so hard for her to be around children and pregnancy so often.  

• Options
    I sneezed twice yesterday, which means I went through 3 pairs of underwear.

• Options
    kread8kread8 member
    imagemjr12:
    imagePunkin21:
    imageSuz+Mo:

Me three! The owner of DS's daycare and a dear friend of mine has been struggling with fertility issues.  She desperately wants a second child, and has had several miscarriages.  I want nothing more than for her to have a little baby.  I'm more saddened by the fact that I don't want to tell her our pregnancy was an unexpected surprise (we had wanted to wait until early 2013 to start trying). I know she does the daycare because she loves children so much, but it must be so hard for her to be around children and pregnancy so often.  

Me 4.  I have two friends I was nervous about telling - one of them just had her 2nd miscarriage and she was pretty far along, went in to the doctor for her 2nd appt (I think she was about 11 weeks along) and they didn't find a heartbeat :(  I finally told her this week and she was ecstatic for us and said she was not sad or bitter at all - which made me feel SO much better.

The second friend I have yet to tell.  She has struggled with infertility for a few years now and had a miscarriage about a year and 1/2 ago.  Hoping she takes the news well too...

M/C 7/8/12

• Options

imagetiffanyp:
    I sneezed twice yesterday, which means I went through 3 pairs of underwear.

Awesome! Hehe. 

Also love the pic in your siggy! So cute! 

BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"