Connecticut Babies
Options

Individual Maternity Insurance.

My family is moving to CT soon b/c DH is starting a new job.

It's a new company so we have to buy individual health insurance.

It seems like there is no maternity coverage at all with individual health insurance plans in CT.  

Does anyone know if there are any options out there?  I'm not pregnant, and I don't plan in becoming pregnant, but I worry about not having insurance coverage in case of a birth control failure.  (I have Implanon right now.)

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Individual Maternity Insurance.

• Options

hi:)

i'm on maternity leave, and my job pays into disability insurance so that was one of my benefits. when i started my leave, i recieved those benefits and got paid 60% for 6 weeks (2 of those weeks being my vacation time). there are many different options out there in terms of buying your own disability coverage if thats what you want to do, and many companies now offer coverage as a benefit to full-time employees. i used to work for mass mutual, and that is pretty popular around here. you should try them. you would be looking for disability insurance and then when you go on your leave you can make a claim.

good luck:)

• Options
    imageCLASSICAPPLE:

hi:)

i'm on maternity leave, and my job pays into disability insurance so that was one of my benefits. when i started my leave, i recieved those benefits and got paid 60% for 6 weeks (2 of those weeks being my vacation time). there are many different options out there in terms of buying your own disability coverage if thats what you want to do, and many companies now offer coverage as a benefit to full-time employees. i used to work for mass mutual, and that is pretty popular around here. you should try them. you would be looking for disability insurance and then when you go on your leave you can make a claim.

good luck:)

Thanks for the info, but unfortunately, that wasn't really what I was asking.  

I'm talking about actual insurance not disability/FMLA. I'm a SAHM, so if I were to get pregnant, I'd get no leave benefits.

I'm talking about private insurance coverage for pre-natal care and delivery.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    ohhh im sorry, but i guess misread what i was saying. anthem blue cross is really popular around here, or u could also look into HUSKY which is the state insurance--HUSKY has several different plans, some that you may be free for u, and some that u may have to pay for. hope this helps:)
  • Options

**misread what you were saying..sorry:)

• Options
    I just went through the process of finding (or trying to find) maternity health coverage. As everyone says- try to apply for the state husky charter oak plan. Don't get me wrong it is a good plan but you have to jump through hoops to get approved. The trick with that plan is (and something no one tells you till you are applying) that it is for people who have not had health insurance for th past 6 months. If you have had ins. Within that time period there has to be a major change like loss of job, can afford your current insurance, and etc. I started going through their application process and eventually said forget it because it was such a hassle. I just got the only other option for maternitly which is the connecticare plan with a 5,000 dollar deductible. It's about 200 a month and I feel offer quite a bit of benefits where the deductible is waved...like yearly Gino visit, one primary care visit, one vison exam, yearly mamagram. So th deductible seams high, but after you meet that deductible they cover everything at 100 percent. The only thing you have to do is get a pregnancy test. I just went to a minute clinic at cvs to get the test done. Good luck- ct truly stinks for maternity plan!!!! You only get two choices! 
  • Options

You can look at Aflac and here is one through the state

https://www.charteroakhealthplan.com/coh/cwp/view.asp?a=3542&q=418268&cohNav=|

• Options

Hi All! 

I'm new to the bump and glad to have found it!!

I am currently unemployed and my husband & I have been ttc for 3 years, now leaning toward IVF.  I'm going through the same exercise with the individual insurance with maternity coverage.  I'm on a COBRA plan, which will expire in around 10 months and is cost prohibitive.  I was looking into the Charter Oak plan but I can not go without health insurance for 6 months (thanks for the heads up)!  Is the CTCare plan just maternity, or full health coverage?  That seems really inexpensive!!  Was there a waiting period to get pregnant after obtaining coverage?  Any help/advice is much appreciated!

• Options
    Ct sucks for Maternity insurance!! I get insurance through my work I pay 350 a week but it doesn't cover Maternity. I called around and Ct doesn't have to offer maternity so they don't. Some insurance policies do through your work but most of them you have to give then 1 year notice before you become pregnant. I donno how you do that I haven't heard of this Connecticare but I willl be looking into it. Husky which is basically income based insurance is the only one I found that covered all maternity expenses. It sucks that I pay so much for my insurance yet if I didnt work an made no money I could get coverage for free with more benefits. Seems like thats how this state works. No wonder so many women on welfare are popping out kids its free for them :/ while those of us that have been trying for awhile and finally get good news are basically screwed with no options
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"