3rd Trimester

Where to get breast pumps through insurance?

Hey Everyone, I just talked to my insurance company about breast pumps and they told me I have to call Durable Medical Equipment companies and buy it from them to be covered, so I have called 15 DME suppliers and none of them have breast pumps. Anyone from the NJ area that has insurance covering their breast pump? Where did you get yours from? TIA
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Where to get breast pumps through insurance?

• Check with some of the pharmacies. 
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Maybe crosspost this on the breastfeeding board too. GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • My pump was covered through my insurance as well. I had the same problem locating a supplier but then I found edgepark.com  I ordered mine through them and had no issues. They were very helpful and took care of all of the insurance paperwork for me. They accept most insurances.
  • Mine is covered and I can get it from the hospital pharmacy!
    BFP # 2 9/25/14
    Official Due Date 5/29/15 & HB 143 on 10/13; 11/25 Harmony Results perfect & it's a Girl!

Pregnancy Ticker

Daisypath Anniversary tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickersimage

Off BCP 5/2009
    TTC since July 2010
    DH's SA = Normal!
    Hysteroscopy 2/2011
    50mg Clomid / Progesterone 77.5 April 2011 = BFN
    25mg Clomid / Progesterone 53 May 2011= BFN
    25mg Clomid / Progesterone 44.3 June 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara / Progesterone 15.7 July 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara / Progesterone 14 August 2011= BFN
    5mg Femara + Crinone / Progesterone 32 September 2011=BFN
    5mg Femara + Crinone / Progesterone 14.9 October 2011=BFN
    First RE Appointment 11/2011
    Hysteroscopy 11/2011 & on Med break
    12/2011 Diagnosed with PCOS (Insulin Resistant)
    12/2011 Adding 1000 MG Metformin per day
    12/14/11 BFP
    Beta #1 664 Beta #2 3330 Beta #3 6160 Beta #4 19546
    Official Due Date 8/18/12 & HB 147 on 1/3; HB 171on  1/19
    Pre-term labor @ 29W bed-rest till Emergency C-Section

IT'S A GIRL

• imageb_hieb:
    My pump was covered through my insurance as well. I had the same problem locating a supplier but then I found edgepark.com  I ordered mine through them and had no issues. They were very helpful and took care of all of the insurance paperwork for me. They accept most insurances.

Yup, Edgepark. The Ameda Purely Yours is fantastic, completely covered on their website, and they could not have made it any easier. They did everything and it arrived 5 days after I ordered it online. Cost me nothing. 

• What type of insurance do you have? I called Kaiser and was told it was covered, but when I talked to the lactation consultant, she said that they really only covered a rental for a month if you had a premie. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am in NY, used Edgepark and got a Medella Freestyle. I have EmpireBlue insurance. Good luck!
  • Thanks so much! I'm going to call edgepark today. I have Horizon BCBS Direct Access and have been calling all these places. I talked to the hospital and they said they don't deal with insurance for purchasing pumps and I would have to get reimbursed and who knows when I'll get that. Thanks!
  • Go to : www.lucinacare.com

Handles United Health Care, Aetna, Oxford and private insurance claims for Rental and purchase of breast pumps according to your policy.   Eligibilty varies with renewal date and specifics of your plan.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"