Georgia Babies

picky eater

L wants to be picky and it is driving me crazy.  She only eats snack food, pancakes, goldfish crackers, spaghetti, chips, fruit, steak, rice, and broccoli lately.  Please tell me this is a phase.  The kid won't even eat pizza.

If your child went through this, did you find a way to get them to eat something else?  Did you make them a different meal than everyone else just so they would eat? That seems like a PITA.  But at this point, I just want her to eat.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: picky eater

• K&P414K&P414 member

I think it's definitely a phase. 

Emma was a picky eater when she was that age. My only suggestion is to keep offering stuff over and over again.  Just because she won't eat pizza on Monday doesn't mean she won't try it on Wednesday, know what I mean?  I would not start making her different meals if you are already cooking.  Also, try raw vs. cooked.  Like Emma won't eat cooked carrots or spinach but she'll eat it raw. 

• We just saw the nutritionist at All About Kids Ped. office. Cason is insanely picky and stubborn as crap. She told us under no circumstances make him a separate meal and if he doesn't eat what we are eating, he needs to go hungry. We have mostly been sticking to it but it's so hard. She has us adding a little heavy cream to his milk to get some extra calories into him. It drives me crazy when he refuses to eat anything,  but sometimes he surprises me and tries something new. We will see how long this lasts with him refusing stuff...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Mia seems to go in and out of this phase.  She will usually eat whatever we're eating, but if she is getting real finicky I will usually add 1 "guaranteed" thing that she will eat to the plate just so she gets something in her (whatever she loves at the moment - tortellini, a cheese stick, etc.). 

EDD 1/8/10 - our sweet sunshine DD born 12/30/09
    EDD 2/15/14 - Stillbirth at 21 wks 10/02/13
    EDD 8/12/15 - MMC 1/12/15
    EDD 12/24/15

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We are fortunate to have a good eater. We just took the Moms on Call online toddler class and they recommend offering several different foods with sevevral different "dips" at meals and letting them try out different flavors.
    Team Green for #2! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Shmoo is growing up! Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"