Boston Babies

Day care, mommy groups....

Hi All, 

I'm just beginning to embark on trying to figure out day care in my area. I thought the easiest way was to join a mommy group near me and ask for recommendations. All of my other mommy friends live too far away and I really want to have a support system near my home. At this point I'm open to a nanny share, classical day care center, or an at home day care situation. I really just want a few recommendations for what is around me. This is my first child and well, I'm clueless. So clueless in fact that when looking around at mommy groups I feel just totally overwhelmed. Not to mention it cost $$ to join a group, so I don't want to make a mistake. 

What have you all done or are doing to join groups and figure out day care?  

Re: Day care, mommy groups....

• Have you looked into groups run by the Jewish Family and Children Services? They are completely free and non-denominational.

https://www.jfcsboston.org/NewsEvents/ViewArticle/tabid/260/smid/722/ArticleID/58/reftab/285/t/Free-New-Mothers-Groups/Default.aspx

• su2002su2002 member
    lluke - I'm in your same position so I hope people reply. It might help to include where you live. I'm in Andover.
  • Loading the player...
  • Hi, I'm in the same boat, first time preggo.  I did a basic google search for daycare centers in my home and work area, Lynn & Cambridge.  I came up w/Bright Horizons, Terri's little pumpkins, and Kindercare.  Bright and Kindercare are a corp so they have several locations in boston, cambridge, etc. 

Good Luck

• Movement classes in Newton! (Babydance and Playdance)

-->
    Great movement class in Newton for 9-12 mo, 13-16mo and 17-22 mo.
    Caring and nuturing faculty!
    A wonderful first movement class designed to encourage natural curiosity for exploration. Babydance fosters creativity with simple, appropriate movement and song activties in a fun and caring environment that develop social and physical skills while having fun with mom! Also, a great class for children ages 2-3....Playdance! So Cute! At Playdance, children learn to love movment using scarves, magic wands, tutus, and rhythm sticks in movement and music games that foster imagination and creativiy. Playdance is a 1.5 hr creative movement readiness class that includes a juice and story break. www.jldancecenter.com
  • imageprncebride:

Hi, I'm in the same boat, first time preggo.  I did a basic google search for daycare centers in my home and work area, Lynn & Cambridge.  I came up w/Bright Horizons, Terri's little pumpkins, and Kindercare.  Bright and Kindercare are a corp so they have several locations in boston, cambridge, etc. 

Good Luck

KinderCare and Bright Horizons are EXPENSIVE (550/wk in my town). DD spent some time at RunAMuck in Salem on Highland Ave/114. It's AWESOME. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • imagelluke:

Hi All, 

I'm just beginning to embark on trying to figure out day care in my area. I thought the easiest way was to join a mommy group near me and ask for recommendations. All of my other mommy friends live too far away and I really want to have a support system near my home. At this point I'm open to a nanny share, classical day care center, or an at home day care situation. I really just want a few recommendations for what is around me. This is my first child and well, I'm clueless. So clueless in fact that when looking around at mommy groups I feel just totally overwhelmed. Not to mention it cost $$ to join a group, so I don't want to make a mistake. 

What have you all done or are doing to join groups and figure out day care?  

YGPM.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"