Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Rash breakout on face after eating baby food

My baby is five months old, and ever since we started on solids, his face breaks out where the baby food touches.  Our pedi want to do an allergy test and we found out he is allergic to dairy, wheat, soy, eggs, and egg yolks.  Up to this point he was exclusively a bf baby.  Now the doc wants me to go on a dairy free diet and believes the rash is due to his allergies.  I'm not believing it as he just started getting this since we started w gerber solids.  If he was truly allergic to dairy, we would have seen this months ago and he would have an upset stomach. He is a very content baby!!  

Anyone else experience this? 

Re: Rash breakout on face after eating baby food

• Options
    Did you expose LO to foods every 3-7 days, so that you could pin point allergies along the way?  I didn't think 5 MO babies should be given wheat and eggs, either.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    So I just want to say I am no expert but my child does suffer from MSPI which is milk soy protein intolerance . We go see a GI here at children's of Boston. One thing I learned is that sometime a baby is not effected my breast milk. And that the allergy goes come out when they start solids. I also know we were told to use earths best brand bc of his allergies. But the rash on the face after eating is a symptom I was told to watch for because of his allergies.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks for the info!!  I will look into earths best brand food.  
  • Options

You can also try Ella's organics. I use that with my LO when I don't have time to make my own purees, since it's just the vegetable or fruit I'm introducing, no additional ingredients.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"