December 2011 Moms
Options

Your hobbies

What are your hobbies? Did it change at all since LO came along? 

I really enjoy gardening (well, yard work really. I am not good at growing things) and cooking/baking. MH always says I should open a sweet treats and cake trailer to sell my cheesecake. :-)

I did read a lot before DS, but now I can't seem to even concentrate on a book too well and always reach for magazines instead.  

DS born 12/2011
DD born 03/2014

Re: Your hobbies

• Options

Reading is probably my main hobby. However I don't do much of it during the school year. I always cram as many books as possible into my summers off. With that said, now that DD is here, I am not reading nearly as often as I normally do.

Sunning- I love to lay out in the sun and I haven't been able to do it ONCE this summer. I am still pretty uncomfortable in a swimsuit so we'll see if I get to lay out any this year.

Running/Hiking/Walking- I make it a priority to run, hike or walk at least 3X per week. It's getting kind of hard to be dedicated to it now that summer is here. I can't go out late in the evenings because the bugs are terrible and its too hot to take DD out during the day.  

A new hobby that I enjoy is making baby food for Adelynn. It's a lot of fun and usually very rewarding to see her enjoying the food that I've made for her.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I used to craft all the time. I hardly get the chance to anymore. I was working on some wedding invitations for a friend recently and it was a chore to work on them and get them to her on time. It kind of made me sad working on them. I felt like there were a billion other things I could have been doing instead of that.

Hopefully one day I'll be able to get back in to it more and enjoy it.

I've always loved photography but now that I have the best little model I have really been trying to work on my skills. 

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    I used to knit and crochet, can't find the time anymore. Hopefully one day I'll be able to get back into it as well. I've been enjoying taking pictures and going for walks with the dog. That's my recreation.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I do triathlons. I have been doing them for five years now, and before baby I was doing pretty well at it. I had to stop when I was pregnant, but I am back at it. My training has changed because I used to focus on swimming. Since I can not swim with a baby, I am running more than before.I also play the violin. I actually play more at home now because lo enjoys listening. I no longer have time for the symphony that I used to play for. So far I do not miss the stress and the back pain from sitting through long rehearsals.My other hobby is researching ghost towns...I am obsessed.

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    ccip82ccip82 member

I enjoy outdoor activities, skiing, hiking, and wake boarding to name a few. We go hiking all the time with DD now. I have skied once since having her, but sadly I have not been able to wakeboard. We had to sell our boat before we moved.

I also like to do DIY type projects and to read.  

________________________________________________________________________________________________

sibling love  

• Options

I used to love scrap booking.  I thought w LO I would be even more into it....but I haven't even started a scrapbook with any pictures of him yet!  

I like yoga too...I do that during his am nap when he takes a good one. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I'm still doing the same hobbies, they just look different...

I love reading, but I haven't had much of a chance to read entertaining books for myself.  Now I read books about babies and parenting, and I read to LO.

I love cooking...but I haven't had a lot of time for that.  Unfortunately, we've ended up using too much convenience food lately.  Now that LO is starting to nap better, I'm enjoying making purees for LO.

I used to do a lot of crafts (scrapbooking, card making, etc...)  Honestly, I haven't touched that since LO was born...but I'm so excited to do crafts and activities with him.  I've got a whole "Activities for Adrian" board going on Pinterest.  We are going to to have so much fun :)

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    RicolaRicola member

imagemtb21:
    Ricola I also love to garden, bake & cook. :) And read, but I don't really do that a whole lot anymore. Whenever I start a really good book I feel like I have to know what happens & I don't like getting interrupted, but it's impossible not to get interrupted with a baby! I also like to quilt/sew, I am almost finished a Dr Seuss peek-a-boo quilt that I have been working on for C.

Ha, that's funny! You'll have to share a picture of the quilt when it's finished! I'd love to get into sewing/crocheting/knitting, but it looks like it might take a while to learn, so I always put it off. 

DS born 12/2011
    DD born 03/2014

• Options
    Surfing, traveling, tennis, cooking and photography. I have no time really for most and suck at taking photos. Traveling is much less since I was on maternity leave for 8 months and not sure when DH will agree on another vacation (he's the practical one). I have t surfed since pregnant and really need to start again. I still cook dinner every night but it's boring and less creative because time is of the essence!!

Lilypie - (ovfd)

• Options

I like running, shopping, taking photos, college football (we have season tickets to our school), floating the river in the summer, which I haven't done in two years....I like to watch movies, bump of course, cooking & baking.

It has definitely changed. I have to make a conscious effort to take time for myself now. 

Eta: traveling. Probably my favorite hobby. We are going to Destin in about a month, keystone to snowboard in January, and are looking to go to the Dominican republic next summer for our five year anniversary. 

• Options

I used to sew and quilt.  But the sewing room became the nursery and I just don't have time anymore.  If I still had a dedicated space, maybe I could fit some sewing in, but I can't afford the extra time and hassle for set up and clean up. 

I also read.  I used to read a ton, but again, don't have the time for it as much.  Now that we've settled into a better routine and we are working on keeping the TV turned off, I am finding some time. 

• Options

I have picked up scrapbooking for DD's baby book. I also love to read and I cook almost every night now that I am mostly a SAHM! Loving it!

BTW- Those who recommended Outlander and saw my post whining about how slow it was.... It takes all I can muster to put my iPad down and stop reading now! I'm on the second book and the first one was WONDERFUL! I fall asleep with it in the bed every night! haha 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"