June 2012 Moms

Gianna Elizabeth's Birth Story!

Ok, I have some quiet time so I thought I would quickly type up Gianna's Birth Story! I was due June 20th, and I had been walking around at 3cm/80% for over a week.  I had been having lots of cramping and had been losing my mucus plug for 2 weeks.  Each drs appt the drs told me they would be surprised if I made it to my next appt.  All of this made me MISERABLE!!  So Sunday, June 24th I was woken up at 6am with a contraction.  I laid in bed for a few minutes and another painful one came 8 minutes later.  They were painful from the getgo!  A few more came 8 min apart so I called my Mom to let her know today could be the day and to start getting ready to stay with DS.  I was trying to let DH sleep a little longer but the contractions all of a sudden started coming much faster so I woke him up to help me time them.  They were now coming at 3 min apart.  I told him to text my Mom to not take her time as we started getting everything together.  They continued to come about every 2-3 minutes and I was unable to walk/talk through them.  I called my dr at about 7:20 and she called me back and asked me when were were coming in and I said about 30 minutes.  We got to the hospital and were set up in L&D at about 8:05am.  When the dr came in to check me I was at 6cm.  They called for my epi (and of course the anestisiologist on call was the father of 2 of the kids at my school... we had joked for weeks that he would be the one on call that day).  After the epi my dr came back in to check me and I was 10cm and she accidentally broke my water.  They asked if I wanted to try to push or if I wanted to wait until I felt more pressure.  I said, "No, lets try to push!" So after a few test pushes they said I was good to go!!  My epi was great.  I felt each contraction, no pain, just the tightening so I knew when to push.  I was able to move my legs and bear some weight on them if I needed to move on the bed at all (Scootch down etc).  So after about 30 minutes of pushing, and according to my husband, a lot of manipulation from my dr, Gianna Elizabeth was born at 11:14am!!  She was big, 10lbs3oz and 22in long, and DH said that the dr really had to help her get out cause her shoulders were stuck. My dr also said if I had had an us prior to this, there was no way they would have let me deliver and would have scheduled me for a c-section.  So I am so glad that didn't happen!!  And even after delivering a 10 pounder, I only had a small 1 degree tear.  After delivery I was given a methergan (?sp) shot to help stop the bleeding. (I had the same issue with DS).  They also gave me methergan pills for the 1st 24 hours.  About an hour after birth I got very nauseous and vomited a few times, but then I was ok.  I have to say overall it was an amazing birth experience.  My dr was awesome and the whole atmosphere in the room was so laid back.  It was just my dr, 2 nurses and DH.  All the measurements were done right in our room and she was with us for awhile after birth until they checked her glucose and it was a little low which they said was normal for big babies.  We were home 2 days after she was born and she is doing great.  And I just can't get over the amount of love I have for both of my children... its so overwhelming (in a good way of course!!)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Gianna Elizabeth's Birth Story!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"