Los Angeles Babies

Prenatal Yoga

I work 8-5. All of the yoga places I have found are during the work day.

Does anyone know of any prenatal yoga classes after 5PM. Prefereably in the Hermosa Beach/ Redondo/ Manhattan Beach area...however I will travel if needed!

Thank you! 

Re: Prenatal Yoga

• I'm sorry I don't know your area, but I commiserate with you.  Here in Sherman Oaks, apparently none of the pregnant ladies have jobs, because the majority of the classes were during the daytime too.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Is there a yogaworks near you? The one on Larchmont had Mondays and Wednesdays in the evenings AND a Saturday morning. It was fantastic!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Ha! I guess we should not be working ;)
  • Yes, the Yoga Works in our area has Prenatal Yoga on Wednesdays and Fridays at 11:30AM! Thanks for the advice though. I will look for something close by my job. Maybe there they have later classes.
  • I know Kaiser has a class - it *might* be in the afternoon/early evening.
    Adam & Shoshie 10-21-07: "My family is big and loud and everybody's in each other's lives and business. ... but wherever I go, they will always be there." * My Blog: Tales of a Hopeful Jewish Mom to Be * BabyFruit Ticker
  • If you're still looking for a place, Two Hearts Yoga is great in Sherman Oaks, Georgina, the owner/instructor is great and specializes in prenatal yoga (hence 2 hearts :)! I go on Sundays at 11am when I can fit it into my weekends.
  • Yoga Poser in Santa Monica has prenatal classes on Saturdays (10:30am, though a couple of times it was at 2:30pm). Love their classes!
  • Ask the YogaWorks who the prenatal certified instructors are, and see if they teach regular yoga classes at more work friendly hours. I did that at my local YogaWorks (in Tarzana) and it turns out they have someone Monday through Thursday evenings at 7:15 pm. That is a little late for me (I was hoping for something me around 6 pm) and they actually took down my name, contact info, and preferred class times, and assured me that they were pushing corporate to make more prenatal classes available.

Even if it's not an actual prenatal class, a prenatal certified instructor will be able to give you modifications for every pose.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Yoga House in Passadena has a 530pm one and a weekend class. I know it's not much, but thought I would mention. Good luck!
  • I live in Hollywood but will check this one out on the weekend. Thanks for the suggestion!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I second Georgina at Two Hearts in Sherman Oaks.  I loved her classes during my last pregnancy.  She also has multiple classes on Saturdays (and Sundays)....all prenatal.
  • How funny I have been complaining about the same thing! I work in El Segundo but I live in Orange County and I was looking for something around the same area's for that same reason. This is ALL I found https://beachcitiesgym.org/news-events/classes/prenatal-yoga-3590

It starts today but I just found it today so my first class will have to be next week $48 for 6 weeks is a great price too. Excited to see how it is next week!

Good luck!
  • Lyfe Yoga Center in Hermosa Beach has prenatal yoga classes on Monday nights from 6-7:15
  • It's far for you but Santa Monica yoga has them in evenings.
  • YouTube has videos, and there are home DVDs you can get and you can do it on your time
  • I currently go to yogaworks in El Segundo. My job has the flexibility to allow me to go Friday mornings. My instructor is waiting for construction to be completed at a new studio in Redondo Beach (I believe next month) and she will be soon a Tuesday evening prenatal class. She is a doula and an amazing yoga instructor. I dive from Santa Monica to go to her classes. I'll update when she has a start date.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"