Trouble TTC
Options

Air Bubble in Ganirelix

I started Ganirelix on Saturday, and all three times I've given the injection to myself since then, I have been unable to get a huge air bubble out. I tap and tap, but it just stays back near the rubber stopper. I can feel the air being injected underneath my skin. I accidentally squirted a little out yesterday.

Is the air bubble fine to leave in, or is there some sort of "trick" that I don't know about yet? I'd really appreciate any advice. 

Age 37
TTC Since August 2010
Husband SA Feb. 2011 normal
HSG Feb. 2011, clear
Clomid April, May & June 2011, unmonitored
First visit to RE July 2011
Sonohystogram Aug 2011 normal
Sept 2011 AMH test in normal range
Sept 2011 Clomid cycle, monitored + TI = BFN
Oct 2011 Clomid + IUI = BFN
Long break -- tried on our own
IVF #1 June/July 2012 = 4 retrieved, 2 fertilized and transferred, BFP, chemical
IVF #2 Sept/Oct 2012 = cancelled due to poor response to EPP with Follistim (300), Menopur (150), and Lupron (10) Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Air Bubble in Ganirelix

• Options

I did Gani for the first time last night. It was prefilled and had a huge bubble that easily floated to the top. Is yours prefilled or do you mix it yourself?

I almost always have a tiny air bubble "attached" to the stopper with Menopur, no matter how much I flick it or try to redraw it. It's so small though, I don't think it even gets injected, and I've never had a problem.

**PAIF/SAIF Welcome**
    TTC #1 March 2010 - Nov 2012
    Me: 29, PCOS (anov), Hashimoto's Disease // DH: 30, normal SA
    3 Clomid, 1 Clomid/Menopur, 1 Menopur w/ TI (CX 4x's due to cysts) - All BFN
    1 Clomid/Menopur, 2 Menopur, 1 Follistim w/ IUI - All BFN
    RPL & Karyotype testing normal

IUI #5 (12/1/12) --> Follistim + 1/3 hCG Trigger = BFP! EDD: 8/23/13
    Betas --> 61 (13dpo) // 156 (16 dpo) // 223 (18dpo) // 656 (21 dpo)
    U/S --> 5w0d - sac seen // 6w0d - hb detected // 7w0d - hb seen and heard, measuring 6w6d!
    8w6d - wiggly baby! // 9w3d - wiggly baby with fingers!

Baby boy born 8/24/13

imageimageimage 

My Blog: Searching for Lucky Socks

• Options
    This is a great question! I just started stims on Saturday night and I haven't been able to get the air bubble out of the Menopur/Bravelle mix. I stopped where the bubble began on Saturday night, but then went ahead and injected everything (with the bubble) last night. I don't want to risk leaving any of that liquid gold left inside!!! I hope that I didn't screw it up...
    Dx: Stage IV Endo & PCOS
    Lap #1 12/2011
    6 Rounds of IVF w/ ICSI: July 2012-July 2013: BFN {Bravelle, Menopur, Ganirelix, Endometrin, Dexemethasone}
    Lap # 2: 12/2013

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I am not sure how big the air bubble is your talking about, but when I had my injections class the instructor said for the tough stubborn air bubbles you could tap the side of the needle on the edge of a table/countertop or use a pen. I sometimes have tiny almost microscopic air bubbles that are stuck to the plunger that I just go ahead and inject, but all others I tap until they are gone. Good luck!

~TTC since July 2010~
    CD3 Bloodwork:Normal 
    HSG-Clear 
    SA:Low Morph 
    IVF with ICSI #1: ER 12/16 (4 ER/3 Mature/0 Fertilized) 
    IVF with ICSI #2: ER 5/17 (4 ER/4 Mature/3 Fertilized)/ET 5/20 (2 embryos transferred)-BFN 
    IVF with PICSI #3: ER 9/8 (11 ER/8 Mature/7 Fertilized)/ET 9/13 (2 AA blastocysts transferred) 
    Beta#1, 9/26/12: 719 Beta#2, 9/28/12: 1,436 Beta#3, 10/1/12: 3,446
    1st u/s on 10/10/12: It's Twins! We found out on 12/16/12 that we were having two BOYS!
    C & D were born on 5/16/13 at 10:46 am and 10:47 am

imageimage
  • Options
    It seems to be one big main bubble in every pre-filled syringe. No amount of tapping seems to work. I've been okay with getting air out of Menopur before I inject, but the Ganirelix bubble is really big and is the diameter of the whole syringe. 
    Age 37
    TTC Since August 2010
    HSG Feb. 2011, clear
    IVF #1 June/July 2012 = 4 retrieved, 2 fertilized and transferred, BFP, chemical
    IVF #2 Sept/Oct 2012 = cancelled due to poor response to EPP with Follistim (300), Menopur (150), and Lupron (10) Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm a RN and I usually use a pen to tap the syringe for stubborn bubbles.  The bubbles are really only a problem when you want to make sure that you get all the medication.  Champagne-size bubbles won't make a difference at all.
    Multiple TTCAL 1image
     TTC #1 since March 2011 
    BFP #1: EDD 4/16/13~~blighted ovum w/ 2 gestational sacs~~Loss on 9/18/12
    BFP #2: EDD 9/3/13~~Slow HB at 1st U/S~~MMC -Loss on 2/13/13
    9/13, 10/13, 1/14: letrozole + trigger + TI = All BFNs
    3/14: IUI#1 letrozole/Bravelle/Menopur + trigger = BFN
    BFP #3: EDD 1/27/15 Please be our rainbow! ...Team Green

• Options
    Thanks so much! This is my first time using injections and I want to be sure I'm doing them correctly. 
    Age 37
    TTC Since August 2010
    HSG Feb. 2011, clear
  • Options

I'm in nursing school right now and can tell you that the whole, dying from being injected with an air bubble is a myth.  It would take a huge air bubble and would have to go directly into a vein.  And when I was in the hospital for OHSS there were small  bubbles in my IV line and it wasn't a big deal.

I wouldn't worry about it. 

After more than 2 years of fertility treatments, FET did the trick!
    IVF March 2012 - BFP! - Severe OHSS = 8 days in the hospital in kidney failure
    No heartbeat at 10w6d
    FET August 27,2012 = BFP!
    It's a boy!
    My Blog - 3 Dogs, No Baby

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagegenmalone:

I'm in nursing school right now and can tell you that the whole, dying from being injected with an air bubble is a myth.  It would take a huge air bubble and would have to go directly into a vein.  And when I was in the hospital for OHSS there were small  bubbles in my IV line and it wasn't a big deal.

I wouldn't worry about it. 

Ditto. In nurse school we were taught it would take like a whole IV line of air to kill you. A small bubble won't do anything.  

imageimage. image 

|| 4 years TTC, 2 M/Cs image 4 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF || 

|| DIA brought us our beautiful daughter || 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks lol. I wasn't necessarily worried about dying; I just was kind of weirded out by the sound of the air beneath my skin. 
    Age 37
    TTC Since August 2010
    HSG Feb. 2011, clear
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"