April 2012 Moms
Options

CP: How many carriers do you have?

The few posts about carriers today made me wonder, how many do you have?  What kinds/brands?  Do you use them regularly?[Poll]
April 2012 Mamas Blog

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Look! I put the diaper on the baby! image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: CP: How many carriers do you have?

• Options
    I have a k'tan and an okkatots one. I rarely use either because my k'tan just barely fits and the okkatots one is awkward to try to put on in public.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Moby- Hardly ever used due to the heat. But I do love it and so did DD before it got hot.

Infantino Flip- DH uses it quite often and they both love it! 

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have a moby, babyhawk mei tai, hava ring sling and ergo.

I bought the moby used for $20. I got some good use out of it, but it's 100+ now and we won't be using it anymore so I'm going to sell it (as soon as I get around to it...).

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I've got...

Moby stretchy wrap - I've only used it a few times, but I really like it.

BabyHawk mei tai - My favorite, I use it regularly

Maya Wrap ring sling - I keep this one in my car as a backup for when I forget my mei tai.  Evelyn doesn't like it as much, but it is still great!

Hotsling - I used it a lot with my 2 year old nephew, I'll use it with Evelyn when she gets a little older.

I plan on doing a DIY gauze soon and I used to dream of having an Ergo, but now I love all of these other wraps so much that I think it would be a waste.    My husband doesn't use the Moby or Maya, and is too big for the sling, but he uses and loves the BabyHawk!

April 2012 Mamas Blog

Look! I put the diaper on the baby! image Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Jessica's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)Follow Me on Pinterest

• Options

Funny, you ask.  I just received the k'tan breeze in the mail today.  

We bought a bjorn before dd was born at a consignment sale, bought a diddymos (one of the few things I splurged on after raving reviews from someone else..  kinda wish I made my own), but I wanted something cooler for the summer and came across the k'tan breeze.

I havn't gotten to use the k'tan quite yet, but am wondering if I should send it back and stick with the bjorn and diddymos.  I really like the diddymos, but I don't want her to overheat.  I had her in the bjorn today since we hadn't had the k'tan yet, and even though I like wraps, dd really seems to enjoy the bjorn.  Any thoughts? 

• Options

I have a Moby, but I haven't used it in a while...

I have a Lil Peepers Keepers gauze woven that I'm still working on perfecting, but love...

I have an Infantino Mei Tai that I adore, but it's getting so hot around here I may need to limit it.

And I have a borrowed BabyEtte ring sling that I love and don't want to give back... I will have to buy one.

My sister is currently making me a water ring sling... I can't wait since it's perfect summer weight and I can wear it in the shower or pool... yeay!

imageimage

• Options
    We have an ergo with the insert and she hates it plus it's too hot. I hope she likes it when she gets bigger. 

Lillian April 17, 2012
  • Options

6 -

used for newborn - homemade moby, homemade gauze wrap, homemade mei tai, a sling

use for bigger baby - a Lillebaby carrier (bought on babysteals, great for the hot weather - lighter than an Ergo), an Ergo (traded giving a massage for this)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I have 2 ring slings, one at home and a prettier one for when out, a Moby we love but it's too hot too use outside of the house now, a hotsling which isn't used much now I used it more with DS, an ergo that we haven't used much yet but loved when DS was younger, DH has a jeep one he likes and both kids liked and I intend on making a gauze wrap this week!
  • Options
    I have a moby. DD does not like it. She doesn't like being constrained in any way. I've tried it a few different ways and she only liked it once. Maybe I will try again when she can control her head better. I thought about getting the ergo but I can't justify spending that much when she may just not like being worn. If that's the case, I would rather splurge on a better stroller.
  • Options

7 but I need to detash...

*original Bjorn. DH used it a bit when H was a tiny but it hurt my neck/shoulders

*Beco Butterfly 2 - started using when H was 16mos 

*Boba SSC - Most used/favorite carrier used from 16mos -2.5+ 

*Girasol Inara's Rainbow woven - Soooo pretty but I got bored trying to learn to wrap/sucked at it.  

*SBP wrap conversion ring sling bought off TB AP board as a BFP present to myself  - turns out I suck at this

*Boba wrap because every squish needs a stretchy. D is just starting  to get saggy in it but I love it

*Baby Hawk Mei Tai - I like it and D seems to like it. I figured I had tried everything else I might as well get one.

I kind of want to sell my Beco and Gira and get a shorter length Vatani wrap but I need to sell and stop. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

Yeah...I'm not going to count all my DIYs!

I have:

A Moby someone gave me 

Infantino mei tai

Linen ring sling from Lil Peeper Keepers

Gauze wrap from Lil Peeper Keepers

Didymos aqua waves 4.9ish meters (I got very very cheap used)

Vatanai Ravenna 5.5m (Used)

Ellaroo Christiane 3.6m (Used)

Colimacon & Cie Miel et Malice Red 4.5m

I made DH give me my 5 year anniversary present early (the Vatanai), and I've pre-spent most of my birthday money on the Ellaroo and the C&C. =D

I wear Sadie every day for at least an hour (but normally much more). Our carseat has only left the car twice. 

• Options
    Do you have an idea how much you'd like to get out of your Girasol, and how long is it?  I looked it up and it is pretty!
    April 2012 Mamas Blog

• Options
    On my phone- sorry no paragraphs! store bought Moby- rarely used. Two homemade Moby's that I used all the time in the early days and still quite often now. And infantino flip- never used- wasn't comfortable for me, didn't seem comfy for D. And an Ergo- love! Use it everywhere now.
    <3 Delaney. 4.5.12. <3 <br> Photobucket
  • Options

imageMrsGreen620:
    Do you have an idea how much you'd like to get out of your Girasol, and how long is it?  I looked it up and it is pretty!

I can't recall but 4.5 meters and 6 stick in my head. I have a really hard time getting rid of things. I don't think I could part with it quite yet. *hangs carrier hoarding head in shame*. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    imageHarper'smom:

imageMrsGreen620:

I can't recall but 4.5 meters and 6 stick in my head. I have a really hard time getting rid of things. I don't think I could part with it quite yet. *hangs carrier hoarding head in shame*. 

You could always convert it - sleeping baby productions does it and I think pax baby does too... 

imageimage

• Options
    raynesraynes member

I've got a DIY Miby that we used quite a bit before it got so hot. 

Just got a Sakura Blossom single layer linen ring sling. We're still getting the hang if that one, do we've only used it for a walk around the block and a naps worth if housework, but so far I'm loving it.

We also have an Ergo that's still in the box because we're too cheap to spring for the insert, but might give it a go soon now that he's getting bigger! 

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I have 2. A cheap infantino soft structured carrier and a woven wrap. I'm not crazy about the infantino and may take it back. LO isn't crazy about it either so I haven't really used it. The woven wrap is great and I wish I'd gotten it when he was really little but I waited until he was almost two months. I've worn him out shopping a couple times and around the house to get things done several times. I really want an ergo but I don't know if I can convince DH because they're so pricey...but they can be used for a while. The wrap is getting harder to use because LO is pushing 15 pounds. 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • Options
    imagelaf10:

I have 2. A cheap infantino soft structured carrier and a woven wrap. I'm not crazy about the infantino and may take it back. LO isn't crazy about it either so I haven't really used it. The woven wrap is great and I wish I'd gotten it when he was really little but I waited until he was almost two months. I've worn him out shopping a couple times and around the house to get things done several times. I really want an ergo but I don't know if I can convince DH because they're so pricey...but they can be used for a while. The wrap is getting harder to use because LO is pushing 15 pounds. 

Ii should google or Youtube ways to wear a woven - they can be used into the toddler years. A stretchy wrap is the one that is outgrown around 15 pounds.
    April 2012 Mamas Blog

• Options
    2 Moby wraps, 1 Infantino mei tei, and a homemade ring sling. Will be making a second sling soon. I want an Ergo, but hubby thinks I'm insane to have so many carriers.

Untitled

Etta Jane and Claire Elaine are here! Born March 28, 2012.

my blog

What it's like to cloth diaper twins, Part I.

Cloth diapering twins, Part II.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    MrsE05MrsE05 member

I have three:

A Moby which I love and DD loves but it's too hot to use right now.

An Ergo which I'm not sure about yet.  I have put her in it a few times but she seems uncomfortable.  I don't have the insert, (too cheap to get one like PP said) and I tried rolling up a blanket underneath her but it doesn't seem to be working right. 

And a ring sling, (not sure what kind it was given to me) but I'm not good at using it.  For some reason everyone says it's so easy to use but I can't figure it out!

I may go out and get a Mai Tai, I heard they were popular.  I wish there was a moby that was better in the heat.  I know I could DIY, but I always fluck up DIY projects.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"