February 2013 Moms

Apparently allll day sickness

So I woke up this morning and wham, nonstop nausea.  Never had it with the first pregnancy, I guess I was fortunate.  I'm thankful this is during my five days off but I'm very worried about returning to work.  My job is a 24 hour gig and it's not a desk job...not sure how I'm going to pull this off.  I'm planning on calling my OB on Monday for hopefully some PO Zofran to get me through work.  I can't take sick leave until this decides to subside!  Sorry, not trying to be a negative Nan but I'm a little freaked out.  I've tried ginger gum, sea bands, all the standard tricks.....suggestions ladies??  Thanks in advance.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Apparently allll day sickness

• I have been dealing with the same situation. No major suggestions except I make sure to eat small snacks every 2 hours and I was taking half a Dramamine until I got zofran. This is my first pregnancy but man the sickness is no fun! I hope it passes quickly for you and you can get some meds from your OB!
    First U/S 06/27/12 TWINS!!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • The one thing I have found to be helpful (besides the two RX's) is keeping a bag of dry cereal with me at all times. I am nauseous all day and even wake up over night with it. I find that when I am at my worst, I try to munch on dry cereal. I've pretty much been living on dry cereal and chicken broth. I also keep gum with me and sometimes when I feel like I am going to throw up, I try to chew on a piece of gum to help ward it off. Other than that, it's just a grin and bear it for me. Hope if passes soon for all of us. No fun to feel that way, much less at work. Oh yea and if I have moments in the day where it lets up, that is when I guzzle water to help try and stay hydrated.

• Loading the player...
  • imageJenScott-4-09:

The one thing I have found to be helpful (besides the two RX's) is keeping a bag of dry cereal with me at all times.

This!  Plus if you use Cheerios or something like that they are fortified with vitamins, so it helps you feel better and it's good for you and the baby!

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Baby BROTHER is on the way! ~ EDD 6/12/2015
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My nausea is on and off, no pattern so sometimes it's in the morning, other times in the afternoon or evening.  So I never know what I'm dealing with until it happens!  However I have found my saviour is sour candies!  I bought some "lemonheads" and lemon drops, and also forked up the cash to try those preggie pop drops that they sell at Babies R Us.  I don't know if it's in my head, but those things all really help me!  Also sour drinks, and sour foods like salt & vinegar chips and dill pickles!!  I find anything bland makes me feel worse.  I think it's all about trial and error until you find what works for you......good luck and I hope it eases up soon, for all of us :-)
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers  image

• Mash67Mash67 member
    This is me too!! I feel like garbage all day long. I drank water this morning and threw that up right away. Im sitting here at work now in this 90 degree heat sweating my butt off trying to keep my breakfast down. The zofran didn't seem to help me and just made me extremely constipated.
  • Im same way! How much zofran how often are you taking it?  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"