3rd Trimester

Posting over here.....progesterone supplements and bleeding?

Hi all.  I'm a 1st tri-er.  This will be my 3rd baby.  I've taken progesterone with both of my previous two kiddos and had no problems with it.  I've also had a previous miscarriage.  Today, I am bleeding like the 1st day of a period with mild cramping.  It isn't nearly as heavy as it was with my miscarriage, but it still feels like a period.  I am taking progesterone orally, 200mg/day. 

My question--did anyone here bleed while taking progesterone and go on to carry their pregnancy past 1st tri?  

Obviously I know my outcome here isn't great.  I'm bleeding, cramping, and only 6 weeks.  It's not my first rodeo.  I've been here before.  I'm just looking for someone to give me a positive story that might give me a little hope.  Thanks.  

Samuel Gregory-born 2/28/08 at 35w,5d due to severe pre-e and HELLP. 6lbs, 12 oz, 19 inches. Elijah Robert-born 11/23/09 at 38w,5d. 11 pounds, 10 ounces, 21.5 inches. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers <a href="http://s740.photobucket.com/albums/xx46/carlyn_mcclelland/Facebook/Cover Photos/?action=view

Re: Posting over here.....progesterone supplements and bleeding?

• T&Ps to you.  

I've only used the P4 suppositories (Crinone), so I'm not much help regarding the oral P4.  But I had a little pink/red spotting around 5-6 weeks with both DS and this pregnancy while on the supps.  My OB told me it was a common side effect of the suppositories, but I have no idea if that's the case with the oral pills... 

Hang in there, the waiting and not knowing is never easy.   

~Sweet Girl *8/18/08* c-section ~ Sweet Boy *12/2/10* VBAC ~ Sweet Boy *8/14/12* VBAC~ 

VBAC Birth Story    2VBAC Birth Story  

• I'm sorry to hear that :( good wishes you way
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I bled from weeks 4-9ish. Red, brown, pink. My initial progesterone level was 10 and my betas did nt completely double but did increase at 5 weeks. I never in a million years thought I'd be here. With my mc, I only had a touch of mild spotting and I was on oral progesterone with them all. Hang in there and have some hope! T&P to you over the next few weeks. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imagexokell2:
    I bled from weeks 4-9ish. Red, brown, pink. My initial progesterone level was 10 and my betas did nt completely double but did increase at 5 weeks. I never in a million years thought I'd be here. With my mc, I only had a touch of mild spotting and I was on oral progesterone with them all. Hang in there and have some hope! T&P to you over the next few weeks. 

Thank you very much for your story.  Truly.  I'm not jumping for joy getting my hopes up, but I was hoping maybe someone had a positive story.  The bleeding scares the bejesus out of me, but it doesn't feel like my miscarriage.  Not to mention, I bled heavily for a week after my miscarriage.  This bleeding has actually stopped (perhaps temporarily, but I'll take what I can get).  

Oh well.  Guess I won't know for sure for a while longer.  

Samuel Gregory-born 2/28/08 at 35w,5d due to severe pre-e and HELLP. 6lbs, 12 oz, 19 inches. Elijah Robert-born 11/23/09 at 38w,5d. 11 pounds, 10 ounces, 21.5 inches. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers <a href="http://s740.photobucket.com/albums/xx46/carlyn_mcclelland/Facebook/Cover Photos/?action=view
  • esalyiesalyi member

I would switch to suppositories, they are more easily absorbed. I would see your doc too obviously..I spotted on and off for a month before my miscarriage really started...and heard a heart beat etc. but it just stopped at 8 wks.

With this pregnancy I took progesterone suppositories until 12 weeks, I am 30 weeks now.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"