April 2012 Moms
Options

Homemade Baby Formula???

A lady was admiring Bear the other day and she said oh I remember making baby formula when mine were little. HUH? It never occured to me that you might be able to make formula. I have been reading about it and reading blog comments. I'm surprised how many people do this. I don't know if I would or not.

Anyone have any experience with this? Look at the side of the formula can. There is so much stuff listed that I have no idea what it is. I just read that a baby on soy based formula can be getting 5 BPC's worth of estrogen a day from it. Never heard of that and don't know if it is true.

Here are some links with "recipes" and reader comments (both for and against). There are so many if you google it.

https://reliableanswers.com/med/homemade_baby_formula.asp

https://sheilab.hubpages.com/hub/EASY-HOMEMADE-BABY-FORMULA

https://kidsorganics.com/Remedies.htm

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: Homemade Baby Formula???

• Options
    There are nice recipes that seem ok (like the ones you linked) and then I have heard that in the past doctors recommended making formula which consisted of karo syrup, whole milk, and water.  That just does not seem healthy... 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I nannied for a family who made their own formula. It was part of my job, I would make a big pitcher worth couple times a week. They were kinda "earthy crunchy" so they made it out of raw milk, whey, cream, fish oil, lactose....and some other ingredients. It was pretty easy.

DS1 9.24.2010      DS2 4.18.2012        DS3 12.15.2013

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie - (fyXz)

Lilypie - (28Zf)

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    This was interesting, I read through a couple of the sites you posted.  I did do a side-eye on the one which was just evap. milk + sugar + water.  Don't they need vitamins of some sort!?  But there were plenty of recipes with flaxseed, minerals, etc. added which looked healthy for baby.  I am generally leery of all the million ingredients on everything these days.  Esp. "kids" snacks and the like.  Some of them read like vcr instructions in japanese.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    The older lady that brought it up mentioned sugar and evaporated milk. I was telling my mom about it today and she said that when she was a baby my gramma couldn't bf and my mom has basically starving so she was raised on Pet Milk which is evapovated milk because that was the only thing she would take. Who knew.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"