August 2012 Moms

Anyone else moving 1000 miles away before due date?

So literally just today my husband and I decided to move back to Florida from New Jersey....next week. My due date is August 5th. I am sad about leaving my OB here in NJ---they were so awesome and patient with my first pregnancy kind of questions but I am SO excited to move back to our community in Florida! 

How crazy is it going to be getting a new OB 4 weeks before my due date? Has anyone or is anyone else doing this? My pregnancy has been so awesome--no complications at all and I already know which OB I would like to go to back in FL. Any suggestions for a safe 35 1/2 weeks pregnant transition?

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Anyone else moving 1000 miles away before due date?

• No experience here, but good luck!!
  • To make it easier to transition to a new OB, I would suggest finding someone BEFORE you leave (like you don't have enough to do!) and setting up an appointment as soon as you get there. That way, you don't have a lapse in care. Just a thought, but I know you may not have time to do so.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Actually having moved a couple of times, my greatest recommendation is to call the ob you want Monday and setup an appointment, then go to your doc before leaving and setup the transfer of your medical history. You don't have too much time and you want it to be as smooth a transition as possible. You will also want to immediately pre-register at the hospital of your choice.

Hopefully the move won't mess with your medical insurance, because that can take 1 1/2-2 months to straighten out.

Good luck and I hope that you are really happy with your decision! 

imageimage
  • I moved from NY to FL at 27 weeks while on strict bed rest. It was a struggle but we made it and I am so glad we are settled before the babies are here. I agree with the others- best thing I did was make all my appointments before I got down. I was scheduled for the next day after traveling which gave me so much peace of mind and helped with a seamless process. I had my NY MD's send down all my records before I got there too which helped. Good luck!!
    Fraternal twin boys born at 33 weeks 4 days Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"