December 2011 Moms

Sleep woes

I just don't know what is going on with my little man. I don't think it is teething as he is fine during the day. He is doing his usual drooling and chomping on his hands but no extra fussiness. For the past two months, he has been super easy to put down at night. We would do our bedroom routine, I'd kiss him and say good night and walk out of the room. He would fall asleep all on his own. The past few nights he has cried out a bit but none where I had to go back in there. Tonight was a different story. Full on crying so I went back in to rock him and got him back down. He has also been waking about every 2 hours at night and has to nurse to get back to sleep. This has been going on for almost a week. When I lay him back down in his crib after nursing in the middle of the night- he starts to cry a bit. He has never done this before. I don't know if he just hates his crib now because I tried to nap train which ended up not being successful. I thought it would work quicker but it didn't. Then he got his 6 month shots so I couldn't continue the nap training when I knew he was not feeling well.

I want to sleep train starting tonight with the night wakings but I have some other issues as well. We go on vacation in two weeks so he will be sleeping in the PnP which he doesn't sleep well in at all. A few days before we go I was going to have him "practice" sleeping in there. Well, I don't want to sleep train in the crib tonight, have him sleep in the PnP in about 10 days and him not sleep well at all & have to redo it, then get back from vacation and have him possibly trained in his crib again. I don't know what to do especially because I can't function like this and he seems tired as well. Any advice would be great.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Sleep woes

• I suggest you sleep train for both naps and night time all at once. The night time will take a few days but the nap traibg can take a few weeks. That's just how it seems to be. 
    **Meagan** Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"