Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

to nap or not to nap.....

my DD has always been a good napper 2 solid hrs.  As for bedtime... thats a whole different story, she has never really STTN until she was about 13 months old and since then it only works for about 4-5 days a week that she actually sleep from 8-7.  anyway this past week nap time has been off... shes been crying and not wanting to go in... im wondering should i cut her nap down to 1 hr ..should i take away nap all together and not always make sure she takes it at the eact time everyday.....maybe just let her fall asleep later in the day when shes tired even if its only 30 min.... any ideas?? my DH and i are super  super OCD when it comes to our schedule w our DD.  no matter where we are what we are doing when it comes to noon she has to be in for her nap... should i just say forget it???  maybe this way she will sleep better at night.!!!

need help! :)

Re: to nap or not to nap.....

• During the week at daycare DD takes a nap right after lunch, usually between 11:30 and noon, and we were doing the same thing at home on the weekends, but after awhile we had the same as you, crying and not wanting to nap. Now on the weekends she takes naps at 1, and usually sleeps for two hours, and bed at 8. I was anxious about changing ti such a late time but she is ready by then. Hope this helps!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm pretty OCD about my daughters sleep schedule also.  The last six months she has been taking two naps a day for 1-1.5 hours each.  She switched over her naps herself to one longer nap in the afternoon for anywhere from 2-3 hours.  Even if she isn't tired on the occassional day, we still lay her down in her crib with a toy or two for "quiet" time and she does well with just that on certain days.  Don't know if my post helps any but that is what works in our home.
    If the house ain't burned down and the baby's fed it was a successful day. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"