August 2012 Moms

Seeing Black Dots

For the majority of my pregnancy, I have been seeing black spots. I know it isn't pre-e because it has been happening the entire pregnancy, but every check-up I am rolling along perfectly and so is baby. No high or low blood pressure, no extreme swelling,etc..But the weird thing is, it only happens when I am riding or driving in the car on a really sunny day. They look like they are going into the shape of a circle. Like a lot of them almost going into a tunnel it starts off wide and then gets small. If I put on sunglasses, I can't notice them anymore. They are extremely annoying and I never think of mentioning it to the doctor because usually I only think of them when I see them. It isn't normal floaters either because I get those too, but this is different. Anyone have a clue?
"Too Blessed to be Stressed." BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Seeing Black Dots

• That's a very good description of what I see when I'm outside, and it's been a pretty constant thing throughout my life. Some days it's more noticeable than others. They're not necessarily black, but dark, and I've always likened them to a flower sort of shape that forms a tunnel and is constantly moving. 

My eyes are weird, though. Without my glasses I'm legally blind, and I don't think I have any depth perception. I refuse to get my license because I am terrified of driving. I mean, when I reach for something and knock it over completely, I shouldn't be driving a car.  

Our Squishy - 8/21/12
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    blog! thescenery.net
  • Hi there, October lurker jumping in. Okay I am no doctor but I worked for a Neurologist for several years and just curious if you ever get headaches? A lot people used to come in who would see things like that. Google Image: Migraine with Aura. Maybe you will see kind of what you are describing. Again just a thought to help narrow it down. Good luck :-)
  • Loading the player...
  • I get these too. My OB said it's probably due to increased bloodflow going on behind my eyes. At first it scared me because I DO have high bp, but I'd check it each time I'd see the spots and it'd be decent. I even went to L&D because of the spots once and they said the same thing my OB did.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BFing SAHM to 2 under 2
    DD Annelise Madison (Sept 24, 2010) ? DD2 Madalyn Elizabeth (July 11, 2012)
    Bloggin' // www.SWEETSEPT.livejournal.com
  • Yes, I have been getting the same thing, always while outside when it's sunny and sometimes when I'm at work under fluorescent lights looking at my computer screen. I always forget to mention it to the doctor too, but like you it's been happening the entire time and I have so signs of pre-e. When I went for my last eye appointment the doctor there told me it's common in pregnancy, so I haven't really worried about it too much.
  • I was scared to read the responses because I didn't know what everyone was going to say, but I'm happy to see that there are a few of you guys who get it too. I figured it was increased bloodflow as well. Thanks everyone! I'll still mention it to my ob tomorrow (If I remember!)  

"Too Blessed to be Stressed." BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"