October 2011 Moms
Options

Really, DH?

So, tell me if I am totally off base:

Back story:  We have been so stressed out lately with our house being on the market, getting a car replaced for DH, DD and the dog being sick.  DH drug me around for a week looking at cars for him and settled on one.  He had some work to do ( needed new brakes) and it turned into a two week overhaul!  I SAH, so I have DD all day and then he helps a ton when he get home.  Every single minute he was home, except for dinner and sleeping was spent out working on the car.  Even during a baby shower and he was watching DD, he kept texting me when I was going to be done.  Sigh.  I am worn out to say the least.  

Today, he finished the car and we had to run to the store.  I said," I've missed you the last two weeks!".

He says," Funny you should say that, because I want to go over to my friend T's tomorrow and watch the Europe soccer finals." Just like that, those words.

Am I off base to be upset?  Can you girls help me gain some perspective?  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Really, DH?

• Options

I would be irritated, but I'd compromise.  It doesn't sound like either of you has had much downtime lately.  If it were me, I'd tell H if he's going out tomorrow, I'm going out tonight.  Then I would call some girlfriends and head to a bar.  And since DD would be asleep while I'm gone, he has to pay for the cab. Stick out tongue

• Options
    In my opinion he has worked really hard for the last two weeks, let him go.  Tell him that next weekend he should plan on taking you on a date. 
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I understand your frustration. You're not way off base, but it's understandable that he wants to get out. Of course, I'm sitting here upset that my DH has been playing in a softball tournament all day and it will probably last late into the evening. I know he's doing it to keep his mind off of things though.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker CafeMom Tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'd be slightly annoyed. But I would also realize how hard he had been working. I'd just let him go. But plan a sit down dinner or something for the following night. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    My little CHD warrior. Born 9/29/11. Got his new heart 10/20/11

BLOG :] & Shaping Up Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    kagl08kagl08 member
    I'd be pissed off, but maybe I'm just a b!tch. Working hard or not, YOU were working hard too. Plus, if it were me I would expect my DH to want to spend time with us as a family if he hadn't barely seen us for 2 weeks. He can have down time with us, he doesn't need to "relax" with friends, he can relax here too!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"