Breastfeeding

constantly pulling off breast

could this mean shes starting to lose interest? shes so fidgity !
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: constantly pulling off breast

• my DD did this for a period of time. she was seriously doing back flips and pulling off etc.it was driving me nuts. what I did was go into a quite, none stimulating room and nurse her. Or if that wasnt a possibility. I would just stop the nursing session and try later. If she's hungry she'll stay and nurse. It really worked for us. Made her realize that when It's time to eat, It's TIME TO EAT. lol So now I can feed her in a room of screaming people cuz she knows that when she stops, its over. :o) HTH
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm in the same boat as you and our DD's are right about the same age. I think that they are just more interested in what's going on around them. If DS is in the room it is almost impossible to get her to stay latched but if I take her into the nursery she does fine. I think it may be just an age thing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I saw the title of this post and guessed you had a 6 month old Smile Totally developmentally normal! I also found my LO got distracted and I didn't notice she needed a nap until she was overtired around that time.

As far as nursing goes- when she was in that phase, I only nursed her in a quiet, relatively distraction free place. I made sure to offer nursing frequently throughout the day, since she was distracted and didn't always ask as much. Honestly, the fidgeting never completely went away, but when LO is very hungry or very tired now, she focuses on the nursing. 

• imagemarcellamitchell:
    my DD did this for a period of time. she was seriously doing back flips and pulling off etc.it was driving me nuts. what I did was go into a quite, none stimulating room and nurse her. Or if that wasnt a possibility. I would just stop the nursing session and try later. If she's hungry she'll stay and nurse. It really worked for us. Made her realize that when It's time to eat, It's TIME TO EAT. lol So now I can feed her in a room of screaming people cuz she knows that when she stops, its over. :o) HTH

Good for you, Mamma! :)  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBirdies08:

I saw the title of this post and guessed you had a 6 month old Smile Totally developmentally normal! I also found my LO got distracted and I didn't notice she needed a nap until she was overtired around that time.

As far as nursing goes- when she was in that phase, I only nursed her in a quiet, relatively distraction free place. I made sure to offer nursing frequently throughout the day, since she was distracted and didn't always ask as much. Honestly, the fidgeting never completely went away, but when LO is very hungry or very tired now, she focuses on the nursing. 

So glad to hear this is normal as well!! I don't remember this at all with my DS but DD has been having a hard time with naps lately. It makes sense that distractions could affect their naps. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"