Baby Showers

Favors...

My mom is hosting my shower and was asking about favors. She's having it a a restaurant and paying for everyones meal. I suggested making chocolate in it's a girl or shower related molds. Is that a good idea? She's not looking to spend a lot of extra money on favors. She asked for my input and I told her to ask here but she didn't want to ask herself. I don't know proper etiquette regarding this topic. Thanks in advanced.

Re: Favors...

• eav2ceav2c member
    That sounds like a fine idea. Normally when I go to a shower I don't take the favors unless they are edible. Otherwise it gets thrown away or clutters my home. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Chocolate is an excellent idea.  To be honest, favors are a nice little extra but not at all "mandatory."

• Loading the player...
  • Edible is good, chocolate is always good.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • My mom made strawberry jam and everyone is getting a little bottle of jam, with a ribbon on it that matches the yheme of the shower.
    2/11 Diagnosis: DOR-AMH .62, LPD and MFI-4% Morph
    IVF #1-July 2011 7/9/11-Started Stims
    7/20/11-ER:No eggs in 4/5 follicles. Left the 5th follie intact and converted to an IUI
    8/3/11-Beta #1=BFN,
    Nov, 2011 BFP #1=m/c at 7 wks 3 days
    11/11-AMH .47, IVF #2 March 2012...or not!! Surprise BFP on 2/19. Beta #1=161. Beta #2 305 Our little miracle girl is on her way! Due Oct 29, 2012
    <a href="http://s1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb461/andersenspics/?action=view
  • My MIL asked me what I thought to. I came up with making chocolate candies with the molds from AC Moore or michael's. By the time I came up with the idea though her an SIL had found something online!! MIL said by the time my shower comes around I won't want to be on my feet making candy. 

I like the idea of making candy.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My hostess is making candy apples. Wrapped in cellophane and tied in a blue bow.

I also think edible favors are the best!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's exactly what I would do. Mold chocolates are cute and always good!
                                     http://www.pinterest.com/kate2904/
  • I took Oreo cookies and covered them in blue and white candy melts for my friend's shower. They were cheap, easy and a big hit. 
  • My hostesses are doing chocolate covered pretzels, but candy molds were also something that was considered - go for it!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"