April 2012 Moms
Options

I need a new diaper bag

Recommend yours. I have a Columbia backpack one, and its already ripping all over and is just too small. I want one that can be my purse as well. I'm trying to not spend more than $50, but it seems like all the good ones I find online are 70+. UGH! 

Re: I need a new diaper bag

• Options

I don't know how much it is because I got it as a gift, but I use the thirty-one 7 pocket tote. No zippers to hassle with. I love it. I have a brown and white polka dotted one with our last name initial embroidered on it. I have also seen them in a beautiful black and white damask. So I think they qualify as cute enough to be a purse. PS it IS my purse when we are out and about with baby.

ETA: I just went on their website, it's only $30.

Dx w/Intrahepatic Cholestasis of Pregnancy 3/3/12
    Induced 3/13/12 @ 37w2d | DD born 3/14/12 6:31pm 6lbs 15oz 19"
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

I love our diaper dude bag, its super lightweight and holds a ton of stuff. Its the black and gray one so dh and I both use it. I also have a skip hop purse bag that I like. It looks like a hobo style purse and has so many compartments, and is really nice for longer trips: https://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Studio-Diaper-Pewter/dp/B002UXR530/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1341088447&sr=8-2&keywords=skip+hop+diaper+bag

I have the purple one.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Have you looked on Craigslist and eBay for the more expensive ones you like? It may be worth a shot, unless you have issue with used... 

imageimage

• Options
    vtwd40vtwd40 member
    I'm in the same boat. I HATE my bag. It's a messenger style and I don't like the shape when it's full. I think I need something Hobo-ish. Ebay and amazon have been my hunting grounds, but I want to handle them, so I haven't bought yet
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagedevotchka81:

I love our diaper dude bag, its super lightweight and holds a ton of stuff. Its the black and gray one so dh and I both use it. I also have a skip hop purse bag that I like. It looks like a hobo style purse and has so many compartments, and is really nice for longer trips: https://www.amazon.com/Skip-Hop-Studio-Diaper-Pewter/dp/B002UXR530/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1341088447&sr=8-2&keywords=skip+hop+diaper+bag

I have the purple one.

THAT is the diaper bag I just fell in love with!!! But its 70 bucks on Amazon! DH will not let me spend that much. :-( However, I found that exact one on Craigslist for $30, so I'm praying the people still have it! (and Ms.Cat, I did check on CL and found some, but they were posted a couple weeks ago so I'm afraid they are already gone..plus the people haven't emailed me back yet!) But I love that diaper bag! My birthday is in August, I may have to suck it up and wait until then to get it if I can't find it for cheaper somewhere else.

• Options

Ours wasn't cheap. I went thru 3 diaper bags with L in just a few months before I caved and put out the $ for a skip hop. I loved it but was hard on it, its still in good shape but a bit dirty and not quite big enough for 2 kids, I gave it to goodwill and got a new one. I had a $100 limit but DH was fine with me spending whatever as long as it was going to last.

I went with the skip hop bento in black and grey. Its not super girly but I wanted DH to be comfortable carrying it as well. It has tons of room! I took the meal kit out and keep all the diapers and wipes in there (as well as pull ups for DS). IN the large main pocket I keep and extra receiving blanket and a change of clothes for each child as well as my ring sling. The small inner mesh pockets hold snacks for L, disposable bibs, tylenol, etc). I EBF so the sick insulated pockets keep either pumped milk cool if need be or a sippy cup for L or spray sunscreen.

There is a mother pocket that is zippered it holds my wallet a change purse, lipstick. there is a small top pocket where I throw my keys and cell phone and another front pocket for my day book and a pen.

I'm really happy with it. It was $99 but I used a 20% off at BBB. It will last until I'm done with diaper bags, L's lasted almost 3 years.

ETA-several bumpies suggested this one, I think MrsRiely and a few others.

• Options
    I really like my jujube be all, but I think it was more than $50; dh picked it out and bought it for us.
    imageimageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagelauranicole91:

I don't know how much it is because I got it as a gift, but I use the thirty-one 7 pocket tote. No zippers to hassle with. I love it. I have a brown and white polka dotted one with our last name initial embroidered on it. I have also seen them in a beautiful black and white damask. So I think they qualify as cute enough to be a purse. PS it IS my purse when we are out and about with baby.

We have the brown and white one too! We use it for daycare. I really like it! Totally agree with the no zipper hassle.
  • Options

I have two that I really like right now.

The skip hop Versa is great if you don't need a huge bag. I love that the strap can go from shoulder to messenger in one second. You can also zip and unzip the center panel to make it bigger and smaller. The pockets on the front are great for my stuff so I don't carry a purse. The only thing I would change about this bag is the opening could be a little bigger.

https://www.target.com/p/skip-hop-versa-expandable-diaper-tote-cream-links/-/A-13025467

I also have the Carters 'fashion tote' (it's called something else at BRU but is the same). I bought this one to use as my pump bag at work but sometimes use it as a diaper bag too. It's nice and big, the pockets inside are roomy. It's a little big for me as a daily bag but I really like it. 

https://www.target.com/p/carter-s-green-fashion-tote-diaper-bag/-/A-13955428

Sorry, don't know how to make these clicky.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I was going to suggest PPB (Petunia Pickle Bottom), but they are in the $180- $300 range. I love mine. It's AMAZING! You can go to their site and sign up to be notified of their clearance.
  • Options
    I got my skip hop bag for $45 on gilt.com. They have them there a LOT, so if you sign up for their emails you might be able to get it at that price soon!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    imagelauranicole91:

I have a Thirty-One bag in the black and white demask with our Last name initial on the front. Mine is the Cindy tote style and it zips across the top. I like to be ableto zip my bag. I love it as a big DB/purse.

It is more that 30.00 but you can probably find it new on Ebay cheaper.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    I went to TJ Maxx and got a purse bag there that works great as a diaper bag for about $30. It works for 2 kids also and looks really cute. Originally $90 I think, so can't go wrong there! You can go that route and just look for one that has the right amount of pockets and such for what you need.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"