3rd Trimester

Travel ideas near NYC?

We usually travel a lot but now my husband is a little nervous. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on places to spend a weekend, 2 or 3 hours max driving from the NYC area. We are both teachers and have only been off for a few days, I'm already feeling crazy! I need to "go away" somewhere. Suggestions please :) Thank you!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Travel ideas near NYC?

• Cape May, I know there are many other beaches closer to NYC, but Cape May is so unique.   Or rent a cabin on one of the lakes in the Poconos.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We went to Mohank Mountain House in the Catskills, it was great!  You could also look at places on the Jersey Shore, although that gets a little farther out...
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm in CT and a lot of NYers come up here.  Check out renting a beach cottage somewhere between Madison & Mystic.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I love Cape May too, but that is more like 4 hours.  If you want the shore, what about Bayhead- that's not too far of a drive and quiet and beautiful.

I've heard Mohonk is gorgeous, though I know it is pricey.

I've also wanted to go here: https://www.emersonresort.com/  I've been to the area and it is pretty and about 2 hours from NYC.

Have fun.  I am a teacher too, and it is important to relax now that the school year is over.

• Montauk or Greenport...I would say the north fork wineries, but that wouldn't be too much fun for you!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Newt69Newt69 member
    Saratoga Springs, Lake George or Sacandaga Lake. they are probably 4hrs from NYC but straight shots on the thruway. (this is my neck of the woods:))
  • I live in skaneateles, ny. It's 3 hours and 15 minutes from orange county ny. There is an awesome spa, a beautiful lake, great restaurants, an adorable downtown area, a drive in theater, and an outlet mall. Easy to get to, pretty inexpensive and fun. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"