October 2012 Moms

I'm about to move a window A/C myself

Good gracious it's hot! I realize that this is finally normal weather for us but our A/C can't keep up with the heat (we're at 84 and high humidity in the house) and I'm about to grab a window unit from the garage! DH just called and said it's too heavy for me and he won't be home until super late tonight!  This sucks! And I'm trying to pack and get ready to leave also and am dripping sweat.  Maybe I should have let DH get that pool he wanted!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I'm about to move a window A/C myself

• I feel your pain!  We haven't put the window unit in our bedroom yet.  We're having new bedroom furniture delivered this week and we haven't decided which window our bed is going to go under yet.  We don't want to put the AC in and then have to move it again if we decide we like our bed better across the room.  Hopefully relief is on the way for both of us soon!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • DH put them in months ago in anticipation of the hot weather! I can't stand warm weather to begin with, I would have been crying by now if he hadn't put them in.

Tell him to take a lunch break and run home to put the a/c in the window! Or watch out your front window for some teenage kid to walk by and offer to pay him to do it!!

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have central heat and air...it's just too f-ing hot outside to keep up! We have one window unit that we got last year to help out.  DH isn't working close by to ditch and come help me but I'm def on the lookout for the girl next doors  boyfriend to show up!  I'm melting!! I'm also a little po'd b/c the spray foam people were supposed to spray this week and never called me back so that probably would have alleviated all of this! 

Oh well! It will be over with in a few months and it's been very mild so far so I can't complain too much! On the positive side at least it's ten degrees cooler feeling in our bedroom as opposed to the rest of the house! It seriously feels the same in the main part of our house as it does outside...110 degrees! I am only getting a teensy weensy difference when I walk inside!

• mo1012mo1012 member
    I don't know how you do it! I would die without my central a/c.
  • We do have Central A/C...it's just that hot outside that it's not keeping up! We also have a ridiculous amount of windows in the main part of the house which isn't helping anything!
  • ughh this is when I would cry and stomp my foot. hahaha
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • FYI - a central AC unit (I'm not sure about window units) is only designed to cool to about 17 to 20 degrees below the outside temperature. If it's 110 I wouldn't expect it to cool below 90. (My dad is in the industry.) If it's not cooling enough based on those guidelines I would call out a repairman...you might have a coolant leak and be fighting an uphill battle.
    =BFP#1 11/2009, It's a boy! 3/2010, Our Angel Ian born sleeping 7/3/2010 (cord accident 37w5d); BFP#2 1/2011, mmc confirmed 2/24/2011, incomplete natural mc so had D&C 3/11/2011; BFP#3 6/19/2011, natural mc 6/21/2011; BFP#4 7/15/2011, no hb at 7w5d, D&C 9/7/2011; BFP#5 2/6/2012, baby boy born on 9/27/2012 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers imageimageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"