January 2013 Moms
Options

Pregnancy nose and dogs

My sense of smell is ridiculous these days, and my dogs smell so bad to me, it is hard for me to be around them.  I feel guilty, because normally they are the love of my life (well, one of them), but I really need to avoid them. I feel like such a bad dog-mom.  Anyone else having fallout from your sense of smell?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Pregnancy nose and dogs

• Options
    sekurasekura member

Give your dogs a bath (or take them somewhere to have it done)--both they and your nose will thank you!

I have two giant hairy dogs, and I can only be around them when they have been recently groomed right now.

TTC #1 Since 8/2010
    Me: 34, DH: 35 DX: DOR (FSH 14.9, AMH 0.67, AFC ~10) and Egg Quality

IVF #1 Feb 2012. MDFL protocol w/ Met. 7 ER, 0F.
    May Donor Egg IVF cycle:3 EF, 1 blast ET 5/12, 2 frosties
    BFP 5/21! beta #1 5/22 306 beta #2 5/24 818 beta #3 5/31 15,038.

image"">
    "Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is a little like expecting the bull not to attack you because you are a vegetarian." --Dennis Wholey

• Options
    I usually love my dog's smell, but now I am turned off by it. Also, when she opens her mouth, it's unbearable! Washing her seems to be only a temporary solution.

Visit The Nest!image Visit The Nest!

"It is better to light a candle than curse the darkness." - Eleanor Roosevelt

• Loading the player...
  • Options

imageReeceFamily:
    My sense of smell is ridiculous these days, and my dogs smell so bad to me, it is hard for me to be around them.  I feel guilty, because normally they are the love of my life (well, one of them), but I really need to avoid them. I feel like such a bad dog-mom.  Anyone else having fallout from your sense of smell?

This is going to come out totally wrong, especially since you were first talking about dogs, but sometimes in the morning I just can't be in bed much longer after I wake up - I love DH dearly but sometimes the morning breath is too much!  Maybe I should have saved this one for a Flame-Free day... 

• Options
    My Shiba Inu doesn't smell any worse, and neither does my pig, but my Newfie seems so much stinkier. I have no idea why only my Newfie smells to me. But none of my animals stink as bad as my 2 year old niece!
    Lilypie - (KUub)  Lilypie - (x7FR)

Daisypath - (cVUA)   Daisypath - (CnD8)

• Options
    imageclariknittist:

imageReeceFamily:

This is going to come out totally wrong, especially since you were first talking about dogs, but sometimes in the morning I just can't be in bed much longer after I wake up - I love DH dearly but sometimes the morning breath is too much!  Maybe I should have saved this one for a Flame-Free day... 

LOL I laughed so hard at this! Big Smile

Kendall, 1/1/13
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    For my first 2 weeks of m/s I was the same way--couldn't handle my dog's smell, even when she was clean!! Fortunately I can tolerate it now. But she has totally picked up on my reticence and is having a great time bonding with my husband instead, lol.
  • Options
    I am with you!  We are bathing our dog every weekend now and just finished about 30 minutes ago.  Right after we came in the house I almost gagged due to the "wet dog" smell.  Even though he is now clean!  My husband just put the air purifier on and took the dog to another room until he dries.  I feel so badly but I cannot be around him when he smells!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Glad I'm not the only one!  I bought some shampoo and bathed our mini dauchshund and one of our cats!  Washing our big pit-shepherd mix involves driving to the self-wash place, so I'll have to get to it next weekend!  I also did a major house cleaning to purge the house of dog smell.  Seems like it's all helped a little!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"