Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

What to expect when you are miscarrying

My one and only loss prior to this was a chemical.  My beta was only 38 at its highest point, and AF arrived within a week of it being declared over.  To say it was easy physically would be an understatement.

The doctor really believes my current pregnancy is not viable.  I am 6w3d today, and my beta yesterday was 3874.  Is there a chance once they take me off progesterone that I can miscarry naturally?  When do I need to worry about things like Cytotec or a D&C? 
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: What to expect when you are miscarrying

• Sorry you're going through this. I've had 1 natural m/c and 2 d&c. The natural took about a week and a half of bleeding before I passed everything. There was quite abit of pain that went along with that. I believe every woman is different though. I've had "good" experiences with d&cs, meaning no complications. The emotional part has been most difficult. I don't have any experince with cytotec. Hope you peacefully make a decision

4 Losses (2003, 2008, Apr 2012, & Oct 2012)
    All RPL and IF testing with multiple REs = normal

5 IUIs = BFN

All AL are welcome
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Is your doctor saying this only because of your betas? Have you had an ultrasound yet? Do you know when you ovulated? Are your betas dropping and not increasing? I wouldnt stop taking progesterone unless all of those answers were yes 

continuing to take progesterone will only delay a natural miscarriage. I would personally wait 2 weeks with a f/u ultrasound to confirm prior to proceeding with either cytotec or a d&c 

Married My Love on 6/18/2006
    BFP#1 10/1/2011. Our perfect little girl, Her heart stopped @ 12w1d. D&E 11/23/11
    BFP#2 3/13/12 Weird CP/Possible EP @ 6w0d
    BFP#3 5/28/12 CP @ 5w0d
    BFP/WTF#4 10/26/12 CP
    BFP#5 12/10/12 EDD 8/23/2013
    <3 Baby Boy Born 8/22/13 <3
     photo ellie.gifPhotobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"