November 2012 Moms

Vacation Recommendations

So...  I'm planning the first vaca after baby (yes, it's early, but I'm a planner).  Our first vaca after DS2 was to Paris. We took DS1 (he's 5yrs) and we had a blast. We decided that as long as we LOVE where we are going, we don't stress as much by leaving the little ones at home. Therefore, the first vaca post this LO needs to be amazing as well.  DH and I are going to Venice.  Has anyone been there?  If you have, could you recommend the hotel you stayed at?  There are so many choices and I don't want to pay a ton just to get a crap room.  Thanks!!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Vacation Recommendations

• There is a travel board on The Nest, they might be able to help you out too! 

• imagelavet22:

So...  I'm planning the first vaca after baby (yes, it's early, but I'm a planner).  Our first vaca after DS2 was to Paris. We took DS1 (he's 5yrs) and we had a blast. We decided that as long as we LOVE where we are going, we don't stress as much by leaving the little ones at home. Therefore, the first vaca post this LO needs to be amazing as well.  DH and I are going to Venice.  Has anyone been there?  If you have, could you recommend the hotel you stayed at?  There are so many choices and I don't want to pay a ton just to get a crap room.  Thanks!!!

Venice!!! Jealous!! I agree with PP find the travel board on the nest 

• Loading the player...
  • imageTennis Chick:
    There is a travel board on The Nest, they might be able to help you out too! 

AWESOME!!!  I didn't know that was there!!  I just posted on there so hopefully I can come up with something!  Thanks for the tip!!!!!!

• imagelavet22:

imageTennis Chick:
    There is a travel board on The Nest, they might be able to help you out too! 

AWESOME!!!  I didn't know that was there!!  I just posted on there so hopefully I can come up with something!  Thanks for the tip!!!!!!

I'm actually a travel & tourism student :)

If you aren't able to get the answers you're looking for, I would be more than happy to help!

V|V TSP V|V
  • I've been to Venice several times.  I've stayed in many hotels, but my favorite by far is Hotel Saturnia.  Fabulous location, reasonable for the quality of hotel, oh-so-lovely ambiance.

To be honest, like many high traffic tourist destinations in EU, most hotels are comparable and pretty much the same - with exception to hostels and boutiquey hotels.  It really depends on the experience you're looking for, your budget, how long you're staying, and what you're wanting to do in Venice.

I recommend doing some research on Venice, and deciding what you want to do.  It's small and you can get anywhere in the touristy Venice area within minutes (just avoid the "real" Venice - big industrial port city).  If you want to stay right on the Grand Canal (Lido di Venice), you're going to get similar quality of hotels anywhere you choose. 

Have a blast :-) 

• imageSprite2012:

I've been to Venice several times.  I've stayed in many hotels, but my favorite by far is Hotel Saturnia.  Fabulous location, reasonable for the quality of hotel, oh-so-lovely ambiance.

To be honest, like many high traffic tourist destinations in EU, most hotels are comparable and pretty much the same - with exception to hostels and boutiquey hotels.  It really depends on the experience you're looking for, your budget, how long you're staying, and what you're wanting to do in Venice.

I recommend doing some research on Venice, and deciding what you want to do.  It's small and you can get anywhere in the touristy Venice area within minutes (just avoid the "real" Venice - big industrial port city).  If you want to stay right on the Grand Canal (Lido di Venice), you're going to get similar quality of hotels anywhere you choose. 

Have a blast :-) 

HAHA-I am the research queen.  I've already started planning our "must sees."  We will pretty much be sticking to the touristy stuff.  There are the recommendations in the travel books for hotels, but since I don't know anyone who has gone there (except my parents, and their hotel is WAY out of our budget), I was just wanting "real" opinions.  I will definatelly look into Hotel Saturina.  Thanks so much for the recommendation!!!!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"