February 2013 Moms
Options

LOs Sharing Bedrooms?

We live in a two bedroom apartment and I'm wondering where the new LO will sleep.  

I'm thinking he/she'll sleep in our room at first, but after that, can I put him/her in the same room as my toddler to sleep?  I'm not sure how that will work since I don't want DD to be woken up in the middle of the night.  I'm not sure what to do otherwise...  we might have to get creative here.

Married 7/10/2009 * DD 12/2/2010 * DS 4/24/2014
2 babies in heaven (mc)

Blog: ForLoveofCupcakes.com

Re: LOs Sharing Bedrooms?

• Options

imagesecondaryPULSE:
    We plan to put the LO2 with DS in the same room after the first 6ish months. I've heard that most LOs can sleep through each other's cries without a problem. We'll have a noise machine in there, too, so that might help.

THIS IS SOOOO ENCOURAGING!  Thank you for commenting!!!  :o)  Now I just have to rearrange Cupcakes room and explain to her that she'll be sharing with the new LO (not that she'll understand at 19 months) 

Married 7/10/2009 * DD 12/2/2010 * DS 4/24/2014
    2 babies in heaven (mc)

Blog: ForLoveofCupcakes.com

• Options

My friend has all four of her girls in the same room. Ages 6 months-6 years. They do just fine! :-)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    My kids will be sharing a room.  She can sleep through the dogs barking now, so I'm not stressed about her sleeping through a sibling crying.
    Mommy to Violet 4/4/2011 and Linnea 2/10/2013
    Anniversary
  • Options
    LO will sleep in our room until about 6-8 months, then s/he'll go in with DD. We also have plenty of friends who have their children in one room and it works just fine.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Options
    We kept DD in our room until she was about 9 months, so I am certain we will do it with this LO.  We are pretty sure they will be sharing a room.  We do have a 3 room house, but one of the bedrooms is significantly smaller.  We are considering making that a play room. 
  • Options

My boys have been sharing a room for nearly two years now.

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageholly321:
    We kept DD in our room until she was about 9 months, so I am certain we will do it with this LO.  We are pretty sure they will be sharing a room.  We do have a 3 room house, but one of the bedrooms is significantly smaller.  We are considering making that a play room. 

We've got a similar situation: three bedrooms, but one is really small. I think we're going to do the same thing; just put both of them in DS' room and then make the smaller room a playroom.

We're planning on keeping LO #2 in our room for at least six months (well I am, not so sure about DH). DS actually refused the crib until he was about that old so he slept in our room and we alternated between swing and bouncy seat during the night.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    We have a huge walk in closet and part of it is just wasted space.  A crib and dresser will be in there for LO #2.  Around 6 months we will move LO #2 into the same room as DS.  He will only be 2 around that time.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Same here, just two bedrooms. DD's room is huge (was supposed to be the living room) so we are going to put them both in there after the new LO is about 6 months.  They'll also have their playspace in there.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"