Miscarriage/Pregnancy Loss

Cytotec Round 2

Good morning ladies,

Thank you for all of your support and positive thoughts yesterday.  Unfortunately, the first round of cytotec didn't work.   My OB/GYN prescribed me another round to try again today.  I can't believe that I have to do this again today, as the pain was horrible and the waiting even worse.  The emotions are so conflicting, after wanting this pregnancy so badly and now hoping the miscarriage happens quickly.  I hope this round works, as I would hate to put my body through this only to need a D&C.  I found out Thursday that I will be having surgery August 22 to remove the entire left thyroid lobe and isthmus due to a very large mass and irregular biopsy.  We won't be able to TTC again until we have the pathology from surgery.  I feel like we can't catch a break, but am trying to stay positive.  Thanks for listening ladies and again for your support.  I am so thankful for this outlet.

Re: Cytotec Round 2

• I am sorry you are going through this and that you have to have thyroid surgery too.

My first 2 rounds of cytotec didn't work (one vaginal and one oral). The third one did work (another vaginal). My doc suggested I lay down for at least 1 hour after inserting the pills, and that I insert a tampon to hold them in place, and remove it once the cramping started (a little unconventional to use a tampon, I know, but I tried it since my doc recommended it. I was also taking a short 5 day round of oral antibiotics).

I hope this second round works for you. I hope it is over for you quickly so the physical healing can begin.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I had to do 3 rounds of Cytotec, with a week in between the 2nd and 3rd dose, before it worked, but I would do all 3 over again to avoid the D&C!

I hope this works for you so you and your body can move forward.
  • Loading the player...
  • hi all,

i am currently on my third round of cytotec.  the first round was very successful but left behind a "teeny tiny piece".  the second round did nothing,  on the third round today.  did you all pass everything completely after 3 rounds?  how was the bleeding after the third round, as i am pretty much cleared out except for this one piece of tissue?  thx in advance for the assistance...

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Photobucket
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    5/25: BFP EDD: 1/25/13, 6/12: No HB detected, 6/22: MC via Cytotec. Informed of possible bicornuate uterus.
    10/2: BFP EDD: 6/1/13, 10/20: Natural MC
    12/10: ultrasound w/saline confirms septate uterus (almost complete septate). Surgery to correct scheduled 1/11/13; surgery postponed while trying to determine next course of action given results of karyotyping
    Diagnosed with balanced reciprocal translocation genetic issue
    Surgery rescheduled for 3/13/13.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"