July 2012 Moms

How are you sleeping?

I'm laying on my side, but my tummy is like a kick stand and it hurts when I lay on it too long. I have tried using a pillow under my tummy and between my legs, but I am still having to get up at about 4 and sleep in the living room recliner for a while. I also sometimes wake up on my stomach still. What are you guys doing to help you sleep?
GlitterPhoto GlitterPhoto
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
Together since 5/08 ~ Married 6/19/10 ~ TTC #1 since 8/10
BFP#1 3/26/11 ~ EDD 12/2/11 ~ Ectopic Twins left tube 7w3d
BFP#2 11/2/11 ~ EDD 7/14/12 ~ Robert Edgar born 7/18/12
BFP#3 9/28/13 ~ EDD 5/20/14 ~ Benjamin Clarence born 5/15/14

Re: How are you sleeping?

• I just give up....

No really, there isn't much that helps. Surprisingly I am sleeping better than I was about a few months ago. My hips have finally stopped killing me about a month ago and I've started taking prilosec for my acid reflux, so those two things combined has made a huge difference in my sleep. My body pillow helps and so has sleeping with a fan (white noise).

imageAnniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker imageimage
  • cdspcdsp member
    I'm still having trouble too. I just surround myself around pillows and just hope I fall asleep. I just keep telling myself not too much longer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Terribly due to my hips.  It is the most exruciating pain I have ever felt. I have been getting out of bed around 5, because I can't take it anymore.  
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Fortunately, my belly is not huge. I have a super long torso and people are shocked that I'm almost due, so it makes sleeping a little easier. I still sometimes sleep on my back, but if that doesn't work I flip from side to side. Sleep isn't great, but I do manage to get some. Another thing I do is just wear myself out during the day to help me be even more tired at night. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I made DH buy us a TempurPedic.

Just kidding. We did get one when I was 5 months along and I think that it has made all the difference in the world- still getting 8 hours!- but before we got it I had been doing 2 body pillows, one on each side, so no matter which side I rolled over to, my belly was slightly propped up. Like a little fortress- as DH calls it. We are doing a fan too just to keep me a little cooler and add some white noise.

Poor DH only gets a schmidge of our Cali King.... I claim the rest with all my pillows. :)  

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Occasionally I get a really good night's sleep (7-8 hours) and I feel AMAZING afterwards!  But normally I wake up between 4-5 am and can't fall back asleep because I can't get comfortbale.  I come down and lay on the couch and after about 30-45 minutes I fall back asleep for an hour or two.  I think I sleep better on the couch because I can lay at an angle with my back against the back of the couch and not have all of my weight on my hip and shoulder.  Snuggling with DH has been at a minimum over the last few weeks.
  • oncoRNoncoRN member

imageaah1013:
    Fortunately, my belly is not huge. I have a super long torso and people are shocked that I'm almost due, so it makes sleeping a little easier. I still sometimes sleep on my back, but if that doesn't work I flip from side to side. Sleep isn't great, but I do manage to get some. Another thing I do is just wear myself out during the day to help me be even more tired at night. 

Ooh this is me too...my torso is very long for my height (always had trouble finding long enough shirts!), and so my bump is spread out and not so prominent. I still don't sleep great, but I usually don't have any problems sleeping on my back or at least getting a few hours on my side/stomach

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Pretty terrible. I'm up 4+ times a night to pee and I have awful ligament pain that makes getting out of bed miserable. Sigh. I'm scared of labor but this sucks. 
  • I'm actually sleeping okay.  I do wake up sometimes to change positions, to pee, or get some water - but overall, I manage to get enough sleep.  I try to get a little bit of exercise every day - mostly walking and a few stretches, so I think that helps.  Drinking lots of water also helps the aches and pains.

What does keep me up some nights is the acid reflex or heartburn.  So I'm trying not to eat too heavy in the evening.

• I'm taking a Tylenol PM every night and sleeping just fine Big Smile
  • I sleep like SH!T.

Every night I wake up at about 2:00 with BOTH hips aching and then I spend the rest of the night desperately trying to get comfortable enough to drift off. 

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Peeper Summarized
  • I can't believe how long it's been since i've gotten a good night's sleep! I slept on my stomach every single night pre-pregnancy. I miss that! But now it's on both sides (alternating since they fall asleep) and it's super uncomfortable! That and the constant peeing every night really makes it hard to sleep! Even though people say, "Enjoy the sleep now because you won't be getting much when the baby comes," I'm looking forward to getting good sleep even for the few hours it will be!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I'm actually sleeping great. I sleep on my side with a snoogle (total body pillow) and a white noise machine and both of these I think have a lot to do with how well I'm sleeping. I wake up twice a night now to pee, usually about every 3 hours and this helps me change sleep positions. So, if I fall asleep on my left when I wake up to pee I go back to bed on my right side and I alternate like this until it's time to get up. When I go to bed I usually fall asleep within 5 minutes and it's even less when I go back to bed after peeing. I'm pretty amazed that I'm doing so well, especially because I'm a diehard stomach sleeper.

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"