February 2013 Moms

Telling Family!

We told DH's family last night. It was fun. We called his dad on skype and then his other family on the phone. We mostly got "Congrats!" and "I am so excited for you" but we did have his sister say "Were you trying?? Well, you must not have been trying cause your son isn't even 1 yet!" :-P 

My family today! But I am hoping to hold off on friends/facebook for a little while.

Anyone else telling family? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Telling Family!

• We did!  DH's family is excited and super happy for us.  My mom is not being nice about it - giving me all her opinions I didn't ask for.  :-/  I don't want to have to deal with this big ugly fight... why would she want to do that to her preggo daughter?  
    Married 7/10/2009 * DD 12/2/2010 * DS 4/24/2014
    2 babies in heaven (mc)

Blog: ForLoveofCupcakes.com

• We told DH's parents and sister on Father's day... They weren't thrilled and admitted to being very surprised as they didn't think it would happen until Late fall (although we've been trying for over a year now and have had 1 loss)

We also told my parents on Father's day- They are beyond thrilled as this is their first biological grandchild.

We've told the kids already and they're excited about it and keep calling the baby a sister. We've also started telling my family who is also thrilled. A few of my aunts have cried and everyone is so excited. We'll be telling DH's grandparents this week and will tell most of his family at their summer party on July 21. I will be keeping it off of facebook until at least then, if not until the beginning of August, when I'm out of first tri. 

Loving Wife to Adam- July 31, 2010
    You Grew in My Heart instead of My Tummy
    Proud Step-Mama to Clayton- 11/8/03
    Proud Step-Mama to Amelia- 11/16/04
    Proud Step-Mama to Brennan- 6/10/06
    TTC OUR first
    BFP#1 10/8/11, Blightened Ovum 10/17/11, D&C 10/18/11 @ 7w4d
    BFP#2 6/10/12, EDD 2/14/13 ~Team Green! Grow baby Grow! Stick baby Stick!! IT'S A GIRL!!! Abbigaile Mae 2/21/13 7lbs 6oz 21inches 4:15am
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My fam is thrilled. A few pepes asked if we meant to, but since it's a honeymoon baby, I understand. The best was my mother in law. her response was "how could you do this to us?" ....um....sorry? then she told me if it's a boy to name him Elliot because according to her, it's a "horrible name" so he would have to redeem himself to society by being smart. yes...thank you for the brilliant advice....I will now pretend it was never said. there are a lot of wtf moments with her. 

My father in law on the other hand is great. he's really excited and wants us to name the baby Bubba regardless of gender since he tried (unsuccessfully) to name my husband that. 

BabyFruit Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • My parents will be here tomorrow,so I have been waiting to tell them.  I'm really excited for them to get here.
    Mommy to Violet 4/4/2011 and Linnea 2/10/2013
    Anniversary
  • I'm excited, we are telling my family Tomorrow. & my in laws on the 4th of July. His moms going to freak lol she's dying for a grandchild
    photo 9304f105-c1e0-4769-a5f5-66ebac0208e2.jpg
  • We told both sets of parents last weekend.  My parents were less than thrilled because they think we shouldn't be having three kids although we've said since before we were married that we wanted three.  I think my mom is starting to get over it though as she called me later this week and asked when I was going to tell everyone else because she is dying to start telling others.  His parents were happy for us and have had no problems with us having three because they had three kids.
    Samuel  2.26.06 41w ASD/ADHD
    Eli  6.18.09 35.5w
    Silas  1.25.13 35.4w 10 days NICU, allergies/asthma, gluten intolerant

• My family has no idea and I can't wait to tell them!  We've had a lot of loss in the family these past fews months so I've kept the pregnancy to myself in fear that something might happen.  (I don't think my mom could handle any more loss).  However, monday is our first u/s and if everything looks good I'm running to her house to tell her!  I'm so excited!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We told close family this weekend (I'm 8 weeks) --- we'll wait to tell anyone else until after 1st tri.

DS1: Quinn - 10.22.10 and DS2: Cole - 01.18.13

• We did!

Thursday morning we went and got family pictures taken, I then copied and pasted a picture of one of the proofs from online, and emailed it to my family.

Inside the email I wrote, "Don't the four of us look cute?!?"  (You can only see three of us in the picture....lol, get it?)

Lol, my parents didn't even read the email until my sister called to ask them.  Next time I'll type it in BIG BOLD letters! ;) 

• A handful of important people in our world already know, but until I clear the first trimester, we're playing it close to the vest. By mid-August, we're hoping to take the news public all the way around. (Why isn't it mid-August yet already? ;) I mean...come ON!) :) 
  • ng5810ng5810 member
    we've had to recent miscarriages so we are waiting until atleast our first appt at the end of the month to tell anyone. It's REALLY hard!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"