February 2012 Moms

Garbage! I wish I was the swearing type!

Sorry ladies I need to vent and I don't do this often. My boyfriends sister is 12 weeks pregnant and jsut got engaged. This is hard for me because obviously Nick does not wan to marry me yet even though I already had his child. I was not quite to terms with this so i call my mom to tell her the news and she says: "oh good! I bet they wi get married before the baby comes. That's good!" Are you joking me? HOw we are in a yeling match and today is our family picnic. She will not return my calls so now I do not know if I should try to find an alternitive ride.  I am so fed up with her super emotional "I'm sorry for everything routine" ahhhhh I just do nto have the patience for her! I am so gad Alexander is napping so I can calm down before he wakes up.

Re: Garbage! I wish I was the swearing type!

• Sorry to hear that you are going through this. Have you tried talking to your boyfriend about marriage? Also, while I know it probably won't help, just remember being married is really just a piece of paper. I'm not trying to downplay the importance of marriage in any way. I just think that sometimes if you have a great relationship and are happy together you may have more already then some people who are married. When I got married I didn't feel any different than before because we had already purchased a home and lived together for a couple years. 

As for your bf's sister, I would probably be upset too and unhappy that my mother was inconsiderate of the situation. I hope it gets better! 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• I think you might be being a little emotional.   She expressed her honest opinon regarding THEM.   Not you & your SO.   Right or did I miss something?

• Loading the player...
  • I'm so sorry... But the one thing we swore we'd never do was get engaged just because we had a surprise baby. You dont want a marriage he was forced into. I can imagine how hard it is, but you'll know when he DOES propose, its because he wants to spend every second of his life with you, not because the BC didnt work <3
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • thanks ladies I am feeling much better and jewerner you are right, I don't want to jsut gett  married because of the little guy! Thanks for the other posters too! Sometimes parents just want you to do everything the traditional way even if that doesn't work for you. I would not go back and change it anyway. Thanks ladies...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"