September 2012 Moms

GTKY- Significant Others

I want to know more about your significant others, husbands, fiances, boyfriends, ect.

1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you?

2. How did the two of you meet?

3. How did he propose?

4. What does he do for a living?

5. Why will he make a good dad?

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits?

7. Post a pic!

BFP #1 Chemical Pregnancy

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #3 Missed Miscarriage 8wks

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

BFP #5 Due August 10, 2015

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: GTKY- Significant Others

• imageGR8TDANEMOM:

I want to know more about your significant others, husbands, fiances, boyfriends, ect.

1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? He's 35, 7 years older than me

2. How did the two of you meet? Our best friends were dating...pretty unoriginal but it made for an interesting wedding party (since they were both in it and did have an easy break up)

3. How did he propose? He proposed at the famous Sparty statue on the campus of our alma mater (Michigan State) on Homecoming day.

4. What does he do for a living? He's an awesome salesman.

5. Why will he make a good dad? Because he is a big kid himself!

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? Ambition, sense of humor, loyalty, I could go on forever.

7. Post a pic!

&nbsp

~ Waiting for our Little Spartan~
    Our Baby Boy is due September 8, 2012
  • 1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? We're the same age, he's just 4 months older, so I frequently remind him that he's old compared to me.

2. How did the two of you meet? In church when we were 8.

3. How did he propose? July 4, 2008. We had gone to this big boardwalk that we have with restaurants, shops and rides to have dinner and watch the fireworks with my family. I just knew he was going to propose, but when he didn't do it when I thought he was going to (at the beginning of the fireworks) I walked away to talk to my sister...when I turned back around to go to him, he was on his knee. :)

4. What does he do for a living? He works in IT.

5. Why will he make a good dad? Oh, the easier question would be why wouldn't he make a good dad, because there wouldn't be answer. He is very loving, and will do pretty much anything to make me happy, and he's going to be the same way with LO.

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? His kindness, his patience and how genuine he is. I love that man.

7. Post a pic!

Vroom, vroom.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Planning Bio | Married Bio | Blog

• Loading the player...
  • 1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? He is 28, 2 years older than me.

2. How did the two of you meet? We met at a bar when I was 21. I only had a few months of freedom at 21 ; )

3. How did he propose? He took me to a nice dinner dowtown and when we left he had a limo waiting for me and he proposed in front of it and than took me to look at Christmas lights in the limo, which was something I dreamed of doing. To bad I really couldn't concentrate on lights!

4. What does he do for a living? He is a firefighter/paramedic

5. Why will he make a good dad? He is a kid at heart so I know he will have a ton of energy and be hands on, playing, practing sports, wrestling, ect. He will be the fun parent.

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? I want our baby to get his blue eyes, his thick hair, his motivation and drive, his height and is athletic ability.

7. Post a pic!

He is in my siggy, but here is a favorite from our wedding.

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

• imageGR8TDANEMOM:

1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? He is 36 - which is a year and a half older than I. 

2. How did the two of you meet? Via an online forum. The forum lead to email, which lead to a month of phone calls and then finally a date.

3. How did he propose? He went on a business trip to HI. While there he mailed me a coconut (planned it so it would arrive the day he got home) and on the coconut, it read "will you marry me?" there was no box or package, just a coconut with a bunch of postage on it. Super cute! The dang nut even had a place at our wedding. I will keep it forever.... 

4. What does he do for a living? He installs robotics, auto labs, and industrial manufacturing equip in schools, prisons and industry training centers. started at the ripe age of 18 believe it or not. 

5. Why will he make a good dad? He has his crap together. He is loving, compassionate but logical. I have never in my life met someone as financially responsible as he. I love that about him. 

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? Since of responsibility, logic, commitment to self and family. He is a loyal man. 

7. Post a pic! I'm on my iPad - do t know now just yet.... Help? 

• imageJessAndTrav:

1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? We're the same age, he's just 4 months older, so I frequently remind him that he's old compared to me.

2. How did the two of you meet? In church when we were 8.

3. How did he propose? July 4, 2008. We had gone to this big boardwalk that we have with restaurants, shops and rides to have dinner and watch the fireworks with my family. I just knew he was going to propose, but when he didn't do it when I thought he was going to (at the beginning of the fireworks) I walked away to talk to my sister...when I turned back around to go to him, he was on his knee. :)

4. What does he do for a living? He works in IT.

5. Why will he make a good dad? Oh, the easier question would be why wouldn't he make a good dad, because there wouldn't be answer. He is very loving, and will do pretty much anything to make me happy, and he's going to be the same way with LO.

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? His kindness, his patience and how genuine he is. I love that man.

7. Post a pic!

Happy almost proposal anniversary!

BFP #2 DS Bennett

BFP #4 Miscarriage 6 wks

• 1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you?

32 - 5 years older than me

There's a much longer story to this, but basically a friend of mine met him and his brother in Europe and then they all hung out again when they got back to Ontario and I tagged along. 

3. How did he propose?

Very traditional, we were on a weekend trip to Ottawa and he proposed at midnight over the Rideau Canal.

Police Officer

He's extremely helpful and wants to be involved in everything to do with the baby. An amazing husband, so there's no doubt will be an amazing dad as well. 

Helpful and ability to cook!!

7. Post a pic!

I don't have any pics on this computer yet...but I can promise he's veeery handsome Wink

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• 1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? 36- he is 2.5 years older than me.

2. How did the two of you meet? A long, long time ago on AOL in a chat room.

3. How did he propose? At night on a deserted beach on Grand Cayman.

4. What does he do for a living? He owns an advertising and consulting agency.

5. Why will he make a good dad? He already is!

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? His dedication to people he loves. I've never seen anyone as true to himself and in love with his family as DH is.

7. Post a pic!

Elizabeth Grace 11.20.05 Nora June 7.15.08 Beatrix Catherine 9.4.12
  • imageGR8TDANEMOM:
    Happy almost proposal anniversary!

Thanks! :)

Since it's a holiday and it's an important day in history for us, we usually try to do something fun each year on the 4th, but with me KU, we aren't this year.

Last year was the best...we spent the 4th in D.C. It was amazing. 

Vroom, vroom.
    Planning Bio | Married Bio | Blog

• Newt69Newt69 member

1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? 31, almost 4yrs older

2. How did the two of you meet? yahoo personals

3. How did he propose? just came home  day, made me close my eyes and proposed

4. What does he do for a living? Lab tech for waste water facility

5. Why will he make a good dad? because he did not have a great role model of a dad growing up, he compassionate, loving, caring, considerate. he has wanted a child from the time we got together, me on the other hand had to be convinced/grow less selfish. i think getting the dog really got me to want a child.

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? everything i mentioned above and his slate blue eyes

7. Post a pic! i dont know how to post a picture but he looks like Zac Brown from Zac brown band when he has a beard, like fo'rizzle he does.

• 1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? 27 years and older

2. How did the two of you meet? a barbecue

3. How did he propose? took me to where we had our first date (a lake) and then got down on one knee

4. What does he do for a living? in the Army

5. Why will he make a good dad? because he's protective and definitely a kid at heart. Plus, he was talking about wanting kids long before me.

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? his sense of humor and determination

7. Post a pic! too lazy

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • 1. DH is 31 and I'm 32.  We're 13m apart.

2. We met at a party at DH's house and hit it off right away.

3. He proposed in his room.  I came over to his house and walked in and there were candles & roses everywhere and our song was playing.  I was SHOCKED.

4. He's a Systems Administrator at the same large university in Philly that I work at :)  Our offices are a block away from each other!

5. Well I already know that he makes a good dad ;)  But he's just so caring, loving, sensitive, helpful, involved, funny, adored.  The kids can not get enough of him.  I actually think they love him more than me ;)

6.I hope they have his sense of humor!

7. Here's one of our maternity shots with DD that I just love :)

Carter Robert 7.18.08 | Brynn Sophia 5.24.10 | Reid Joseph 9.10.12 | Emerson Mae 1.27.14

• imageGR8TDANEMOM:

25 we are 4 months apart  

High school German class 

3. How did he propose?

On a snowshoe trip at the cabin, I thought he was kidding and pushed him in the snow, luckily he didn't lose the ring! 

He is a mechanical engineer, he does a lot of sales and travel. 

The best! 

Anything but his thumbs, he has really weird thumbs :P 

7. Post a pic!

can't from my phone 

• 1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? He is 29, about to be 30. He is 3 years younger than me.

2. How did the two of you meet? I worked at a Uni and he was a new student there (not a freshman). I was manning a table for anime and Linux groups and he was one of the few geeks interested. We were instant friends and there was an instant chemistry, but I was married. We were best friends for years, my marriage ended (had nothing to do with DH), and a year after that we started dating, got married and made babies. :D

3. How did he propose? It was pretty simple (and maybe a touch cliche), but he was so nervous and wonderful! Rose petals and candles everywhere, ice wine, and he wrote me a poem that made us both cry. He'd also found the *perfect* ring for me. I knew about its existence and wanted it so badly, but it was sold out everywhere. He even talked to custom jewelers about having it specially made. He had told me he tried and couldn't do it, but hoped that the substitute he found would make me happy. I of course told him the ring didn't matter nearly as much as spending my life with him. Then...he opened the box and there it was, perfect as ever. It turns out he'd tracked down 1 of 2 left in the entire country and had it shipped to him. <3

4. What does he do for a living? He is a programmer. His Masters is in User Interface Design, but it is hard to get a job in that without a lot of experience, so he is biding his time.

5. Why will he make a good dad? We already have a son and he is an amazing dad! He is so much fun, full of energy, constantly enamored, way into teaching. He is capable of being a disciplinarian (which surprises us both), but always in loving ways. He always puts our son first.

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? I hope our kids have his constant awe and love of life. He has brought that back out in me, and so far DS has it in spades. I hope our kids get his gift for learning and teaching. I hope they get his skin that almost never burns in the sun (DS has it so far).

7. Post a pic! This is DH and DS on Father's Day, with DH proudly wearing the shirt DS and I made him last year.

imageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? 30, he is four years older than I am.

2. How did the two of you meet? At a friends birthday party, I was the DD for my older sisters, and didn't know anyone. He was the shy guy :) we talked that night, then every other time we saw each other around town. We were both in relationships at the time, but a year later he admitted he wanted to be more than friends, and we were both single then, so we started dating. Four years later, here we are!

3. How did he propose? We bought a house together after living together for awhile, and the first night in the new house, he slipped me some "will you marry me" m&ms, and when I looked up, he was down on one knee. It was amazing :)

4. What does he do for a living? Firefighter

5. Why will he make a good dad? The best. He is going to have such a daddy's girl - I'm so excited to see his relationship with our daughter grow.

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? His amazing kindness, his emotional strength, his love of the outdoors. 

7. Post a pic! He would not appreciate that, but he is in my siggy pic somewhere :)

• imageGR8TDANEMOM:

1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? 27 (younger)

2. How did the two of you meet?  We've known each other since HS!

3. How did he propose?  He is very spontaneous and once he decided to propose, he literally couldn't wait so he drove to my home, woke me up and took me outside-got down on a knee.

4. What does he do for a living?  IT

5. Why will he make a good dad?  He's an awesome Dad because he loves kids, is very fun-loving and loves to spend a lot of time w/DD.

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits?  I hope my girls are very athletic like him!

7. Post a pic!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? He is 28, 2 years younger than me

2. How did the two of you meet? At a bar, super romantic :-)  We had mutual friends there

3. How did he propose? One morning we hiked up to a beautiful waterfall and he proposed at the base of it.

4. What does he do for a living? He is an Officer in the Army

5. Why will he make a good dad? I think he will be an amazing dad!  He is a great dad to our dogs and he really loves kids/is really good with kids.

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? He is the hardest worker I know, gives 150% in everything he does.  Most of all I hope she is the same way, that is the one personality trait I hope she gets.  Physical quality, I hope she has his amazing blue eyes.

7. Post a pic! I dont remember how to do this, but he is in my siggy (although you can't see his face) and there are a ton of pics in my wedding planning bio.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• 1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? My husband is 26 years old, 4 years older than me.

2. How did the two of you meet?  We both had just moved to Nashville, we were neighbors in an apt complex.

3. How did he propose? We were going to visit my family in KY, I had never showed him one of my favorite places in KY (it's a huge old rock quarry, full of beautiful blue water, looks like a private lake)...When we pulled up on the four wheeler, he had everything already set up.  He got down on one knee and asked.  

4. What does he do for a living? Right now he is over the Tire and Battery department at Sams Club.... He has a degree in Criminal Justice, so he is trying to get on with Metro Police.

5. Why will he make a good dad?  He is patient, comical...great with kids... He really can't wait for Knox to get here!

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? His loving nature, patience, sense of humor, loyalty... his athletic ability.  I hope the baby is born with a head full of hair like his daddy was! 

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • imageGR8TDANEMOM:

31, 4 years older 

9 years (and 3 days ago!) at a mini lakeside party/concert. we went drunken row-boating (bad us!) and pretended to be pirates.  

3. How did he propose?

in mexico on valentine's day two years ago at sunset. so cliche and *so* unlike him. it was amazing. 

insurance 

he's super chill and essentially a kid himself. our stored stuff consists of 80% toys. 

his patience and sense of humor 

7. Post a pic!

he would hate that. 

• 1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you?  33 - He's 30 days older than me

2. How did the two of you meet? We have a lot of mutual friends

3. How did he propose? On a lake on campus at Notre Dame (where he was attending law school at the time)

4. What does he do for a living?  Patent Attorney

5. Why will he make a good dad?  He's very kind and gentle

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? His brain. The man is SO smart.

Double the love
    photo Eastercollage_zps0735f04a.jpg
    7/30/12 - B/G twins born at 33w4d due to PPROM
  • klgrh6klgrh6 member
    1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? 26, he's older than me by a year.

2. How did the two of you meet? At church. There's a 20-30's group that would get together for fun events and when I saw him, I knew I needed to introduce myself.

3. How did he propose? We had been talking about marriage for a few months and even set a date before engaged. The day we went looking at reception venues and meeting with pastors, he proposed outside of our church under a large cross. I was so worried we would be late to our appointment that I rushed him. He proposed a second time with an upgraded ring under the Arch downtown. After a nice afternoon touring Busch stadium, we went to the Arch grounds, he got down on one knee and I said, "What are you doing? Get up we're already engaged." I ruined both of his proposals. It's become a joke around here.

4. What does he do for a living? He works for Citi-Group 

5. Why will he make a good dad? Because of the way he loves God, and love me. Being a good husband will help him be a good parent. Plus, on our first date, he said, "my number two goal in life is to be a dad" it's something he's dreamed about.

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? Personality, He's more friendly than I am, his brains, his teeth...

7. Post a pic!

• 1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you?DH is 6 years older than I :) 2. How did the two of you meet?We met on Craigslist!  Communicated via email for a month before finally meeting in person. 3. How did he propose?On one knee in front of a park bench near a beautiful lake.   4. What does he do for a living?Chief Engineer for Military Sealift Command 5. Why will he make a good dad?Very caring and protective :) 6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits?His sense of humor!7. Post a pic!Sorry no pics ;)  I'd hate for any of you to be jealous!  LOL 

•  

H is 37- 8 years old er than me

we met online in 2009

3. How did he propose?
    we were at the restaurant at the top of Mandalay bay overlooking the strip in Vegas, and  i leaned in for  a kiss and he got down on one knee.. we then had to hoof it to the other end of the strip to go watch Andrew Dice Clay, who is a pretty dirty comedian.. it was a fun night..

He is a youth development officer works with army cadets- a youth program up here..

I think he will make an amazing dad

His sense of humour and his mind- he has a mind like a steel trap and he is so smart!

7. Post a pic!- there is one in my siggy..

Sept 2012 baby boy
      imageimageimage
    Anniversary
  • 1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? He is 29 two years older

2. How did the two of you meet? we met at a college party about 10 years ago

3. How did he propose? i have a very large Italian family and we celebrate Christmas eve in a very big way. we do the seven fishes and all that jazz he proposed after dinner in front of 45 of my family members. i knew it was coming because my mom and his mom rushed us through dinner and there is one thing you never do and that rush Italians through there xmas eve feast

4. What does he do for a living? he is an operations manager for ups

5. Why will he make a good dad? absolutely

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? his work ethic , sense of humor and passion for life

7. Post a pic!

• lizallizal member
    imageGR8TDANEMOM:

1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? He is 35, 7 years older than me

2. How did the two of you meet? We met through mutual friends at a bar

3. How did he propose? At the dam near our house

4. What does he do for a living? Executive Director at an assisted living

5. Why will he make a good dad? He already makes a great dad to our 2 year old!

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? He is kind, smart, and helps others.

7. Post a pic!

Edited because I spelled the wrong kind of Dam

• imageGR8TDANEMOM:

1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? He's 37, 12 years older than me

2. How did the two of you meet? Working at a call center, we were in the same training group

3. How did he propose? LOL, he didn't really. We were joking around via text message ("I love you more" "no I love you more" "Well I love you to infinity plus 1") And I said, well if you love me that much maybe we should get hitched. And then we started talking about it for real.

4. What does he do for a living? We both work in Customer Service fields.

5. Why will he make a good dad? He's caring, sensitive and attentive. More than we can say about either of our fathers.

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? His charm and sensitivity. A quality that is lacking in many guys.

7. Post a pic! He's a spoil sport, and doesn't want it posted :P

Baby Birthday Ticker Tickerimage image
  • -DH is about a year and a half older than me. He is 28.

-Our story is a little long. We met in first grade. He was only at my school that year. He had a crush on me then. Uses to tell people on the bus his gf lived in this house when his bus passed my house. Then in high school he was homeschooled and played sports for my school. He joined th army did a tour in Iraq and when he go back he found me on MySpace asked me out and we had our first date in Jan 2007.

-He's not very romantic. I knew he asked my parents permission. He asks my mothe and my father since they are divorced. I knew he had gotten a ring and I knew when he picked it up. He picked it up and came right to me because he didn't want to lose the ring. He proposed on his knee in my kitchen.

-He is a union heavy equipment operator. Drills, excavators an such.

-He is patient and loves to teach. His younger brother had a learning disability and he always spent his extra time with him. He's more level headed than me and also does not worry like I do.

-Patients, no stress attitude, smart and full of common sense.

-marching in a memorial day parade in honor of his friends that didn't make it back with him. 

• hmp1hmp1 member

1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? 33, a few months older

2. How did the two of you meet? On his 21st birthday at a bar. His best friend was dating one of my friends that invited me to go out with them that night.

3. How did he propose? On Christmas Eve, just after we got home from church he dropped to one knee in front of our tree. It was just the 2 of us but we were heading to meet up with my family for dinner right after. 

4. What does he do for a living? Sr Project Manager (his company builds and remodels stores)

5. Why will he make a good dad? He is a great dad, except he cannot put the kid to bed.

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? His humor and extrovertedness

7. Post a pic! Here is a recent one

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• 1. Dh is 32. He is 1.5 years older than me.

2. We chatted online on Thanksgiving day. 2 days later we decided to meet up.

3.  He proposed on the beach in Hawaii. I had no idea! I was quite a grump because the flight is long. He was very nervous. So fun since we spent the rest of the trip celebrating and discussing wedding plans.

4. He is a marketing director.

5. He is patient and loing.

6.   His height and his ability to let things go.

• JebergJeberg member

1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? He will be 32 at the end of this month, and he is 4yrs older than me

2. How did the two of you meet? We meet through mutual friends on myspace. One of his best friends married one of my best friends from high school.

3. How did he propose? He took me back to the restaurant that we had our first date at and had a fake ring put into a chocolate lava cake. When I found the ring he got down on one knee pulled the real ring out and asked me to marry him... It was so sweet :)

What does he do for a living? He owns his own HVAC company.

5. Why will he make a good dad? He's already a fantastic dad. He listens to the kids he loves them, spends time with them and would just do anything for them, but also disciplines them when they need it. And they just adore him.  

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? His calmness, his ability to find the good in people, his math skills (haha I'm horrible at math), and his ability to form bonds with people that last forever.

7. Post a pic! image

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• 1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you?He's 35. 3y older than me 2. How did the two of you meet?College. We had a chance meeting my freshman year. Then the next year, we has another meeting (we lived in the same housing complex) 3. How did he propose?On the couch. I was telling him that I was at the stage where I was looking for a partner. Since he didn't seem to be in that stage of life yet, it was better we went our separate ways. In other words, I was breaking up with him. He went into the bedroom and pulled out a ring. He was planning on asking me in a few weeks when we were supposed to go on a mini vacation, but I guess I killed that idea ;)4. What does he do for a living? Manages a business analyst group 5. Why will he make a good dad?He already is a great dad. DD adores him. 6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits?His beautiful blue eyes and long dark lashes. DD luckily did inherit that!7. Post a pic!  https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-3CQozZk1FhE/T959wcYTlJI/AAAAAAAABPw/AW5ewKugXwg/s640/blogger-image-828384810.jpg  

BFP #1 via IUI ~ L (Fatal Birth Defect) 4/7/10
    BFP #2 via IUI ~ m/c
    BFP #3 via cancelled IUI ~ C (2lb 3oz; HELLP) 5/16/11
    BFP #4 via the natural (free!) way ~ E (8lb 11oz) 9/13/12

He's 24, 6 months older than me

Our older brothers have been best friends for many years and we all hang out in the same social group. One night we were all going to an open mike night at a bar and the two of us started talking and just "clicked". We saw each other a few more times at parties and friends houses until he finally asked me out on a real date.

3. How did he propose?

Still waiting for that :) We've been together over 3 yrs. and have a wonderful, committed relationship. When we found out I was pregnant we decided to focus on preparing for the baby and getting ourselves ready to be parents rather than be distracted by worrying about getting married right away. We already consider ourselves a family, so the official ceremony can wait awhile.

He's a customer service representative in the food and beverage industry. Haha just kidding....he's a server/bartender at an Italian restaurant. He's working his way through college to get a mathematics degree so he can bring us home some real bacon!

Because he's extremely excited about our son and is commited to being involved in our lives no matter what. He's a very silly, fun-loving person with endless patience and generosity for his friends and family. Every time we do something now he says "I can't wait to teach our son----" 

His smile, blue eyes, thick curly hair, and intelligence. The only thing I'm hoping our son does NOT inherit is his ADHD.

7. Post a pic!

• 1) He's turning 30 in November. He's 2.5 years older than me. 

2) I was working in the city where he was living. Turns out, we went to high school in small towns right near each other.

3) He hid a ring under a card in front of a huge Edible Arrangement for our anniversary. I was so excited about the chocolate strawberries, I didn't think to open the card. Eventually he was like, "Maybe you should read the cards now?" It must have killed him to watch me be so excited chowing down on strawberries while he was waiting.

4) He works in health care IT.

5) He's funny and patient and fun. He'll make a great dad because he balances out my personality so well.

6) I hope our little guy grows up respecting and treating women the way his dad treats me. I hope he's as logical as his dad, too.

7) I'm not on the computer with my pictures. Oh snap. He'd probably be upset if I posted his face on the internet anyway. :P 

• kjskjskjskjs member

1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? 25, older by 10 months

2. How did the two of you meet? In the dorm at college

3. How did he propose? at Dave and Busters, are favorite date place. It was in the prize area.

4. What does he do for a living? phlebotomist

5. Why will he make a good dad? definitely

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? is easy going nature

imageimage
    imageimageimage

• 1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you?  He's 32...Older by about 20 months

2. How did the two of you meet?  On-line nearly seven years ago

3. How did he propose?  We were on a river cruise celebrating our first anniversary

4. What does he do for a living?  Complicated question... director of global change mgmt for a financial company -- operations in a nutshell

5. Why will he make a good dad?  He's compassionate, excited about learning and life and about being a Dad.  He wants to host Dad's school for a few hours on Saturdays to teach them about life from helping with reading to learn how to catch.  He wants to be a good Dad. 

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits?  His intelligence... DH is very smart I.Q. more than 150 I would love to see him give DH a run for his money -- LOL... also his patience, kindness and height.

7. Post a pic!  I have no idea how to do that!

he is 6 weeks younger then me.

when i was in 8th grade he was in 7th grade. dated off and on for years

3. How did he propose?

lol well he proposed twice, 1st time we were 19 and drunk at a cliff party, i told him to ask me when we were sober, he took it back the next morning and we went 7 years without speaking. 2nd time we went for a walk last Canada Day down on the cliffs and he made this really nice speech about being a family and loving my munchkins like they are his own. 

phone monkey, planning to go back to school within the next year

he is very caring and attentive,he is usually a big kid but knows when he needs to be an adult.

his goofiness and caring and i know this is a quality but i hope baby has his eyes

• imageGR8TDANEMOM:

1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? DH is 29, 5 years older than me.

2. How did the two of you meet? My sister took me to a party at his apartment.

3. How did he propose? Christmas Eve 2010, he took me to walk around at our local Christmas light display and he got down on one knee on a bridge over a lake. He asked my mom and dad a month before proposed and had the ring picked out ahead of time, it was amazing!

4. What does he do for a living? He's a welder, we live in an oil town so he builds the huge oil rigs that go all over the world. He's working on one going to South Africa right now!

5. Why will he make a good dad? He will make an EXCELLENT dad, he never thought he would have kids and he's nervous, but he is going to be amazing.

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? I hope our son is a hard worker and is caring and helpful like his dad.

7. Post a pic!

DH  & I on our wedding day in Vegas 10-10-11Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• 1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? 34. Older

2. How did the two of you meet? At a party.

3. How did he propose? At his parents' house, over a game of monopoly. The ring was my playing piece.

4. What does he do for a living? He works with the troubled youth of America, lol.

5. Why will he make a good dad? For the reasons in #6. He loves being a dad. Taking care of DS is never a chore. He loves showing him off, taking him places & even tries to match his outfits, lol.

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits?Good listener, very patient, very generous. We had hoped DS would inherit his darker skin done, but that didn't happen!

7. Post a pic!

• 1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you? He's 27 - a year and four days older than me.

2. How did the two of you meet? He lived in the house across the street from the one my parents bought my sophomore year of high school. We used to hate each other - he thought I was a stuck-up teacher's pet; I thought he was an immature wanna-be.

3. How did he propose? He proposed Thanksgiving 2007 at his house - in front of his entire family. We'd done Thanksgiving with our separate families, then I thought we were meeting back at his place for a small family get-together for dessert...instead, he proposed. :)

4. What does he do for a living? He's in the Air Force.

5. Why will he make a good dad? He's a great dad to DS #1 already. He's patient, engaged and definitely loves DS. He knows when to be stern but is never too stern, and he always puts the well-being of our boys first.

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits? I really hope he inherits his dad's patience and laid-back demeanor. I can be very uptight and stress out easily over things, while H is the complete opposite. I'd prefer our boys to not be as high-stress as I am.

7. Post a pic! Most recent picture I have - New Year's Eve 2011. Hopefully, we get more recent pics taken when he gets home in a few weeks.

________________________________________________________________________________

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

He's 28, about 4.2 years older than me.

We met playing World of Warcraft - I became friends with one of his friends who recommended the guild he was in ... I joined... my husband and I were both healers and we quickly hit it off.

3. How did he propose?

It was more of this knowledge from fairly on in our relationship that we would end up married if I moved to Florida to be with him (as at the time, I lived in IL). I remember one time looking into his eyes and god help me if this isn't the cheesiest thing in the world, but I looked into his eyes and saw him looking back at me in a way that held all of the affection and love that he could ever have for me.

He's a social worker.

He has a drive to make the best out of any situation and when in doubt, he's able to learn quickly and oh - of course - he already makes some pretty bad dad-style puns!

His work ethic of always striving to do his best regardless of how others around him act. His confidence. His amazing hair, and eyes (though preferably in my colors!), and athletic ability.

• imageGR8TDANEMOM:

1. How old is your SO, Is he older or younger than you?  He is 34 , 3 years older then me!

2. How did the two of you meet?  At a bus stop!! Turns out we were working next door to each other!

3. How did he propose?  He just asked!  Nothing fancy!  (Although he had a plan, but couldn't wait!)

4. What does he do for a living?  Security

5. Why will he make a good dad?  He IS an amazing dad to our boys!!  He is kind and fun!!  Very loving!

6. What qualities of his do you hope your baby inherits?  His sense of humour!

7. Post a pic!

Sorry for the giant pic, I can't figure out how to make them smaller!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"