September 2012 Moms
Options

no power!

had a massive storm that swept in our area, and now massive chunks of my town are without power, including our apartment building.

i am having to stay at my parents house because i am just melting without the air conditioning. DH is out of town until this evening, and i am currently sitting around and twiddling my thumbs, hoping to hear something about when our power will come back.

it went out at about 8:15pm last night, and it's 12 hours later and nothing.

why couldn't this have happened 1st tri instead of now?? 

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Marian Abigail :: born 9-16-2012 via emergency C/S
BFP on 11-14-2014, aiming for a VBAC

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: no power!

• Options

imagejlk6:
    Sorry to hear that. We lost power for only 2-3 hours but I know a lot of people around our area are looking at not getting it back until possibly Wednesday! 

do i want to know where you live?  

• Options
    I think I heard about this on the news! Good luck - hopefully power comes back soon Indifferent
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Hopefully it'll be up soon.

If it makes you feel any better, after Hurricane Ike (in September 2008) I was living in Huntsville, TX, which is 100 miles from the coast, and we were without power for over a week---I think it was 8 or 9 days.

My mom, brother, sister, sister's FI, nephew, a very close family friend and my roommate were all stuck in our 2 bedroom apartment.

I wanted to kill myself. 

Vroom, vroom.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Planning Bio | Married Bio | Blog

• Options

it's BACK!!!!! 

it'sbackitsbackitsback!!!!!!!!

driving back from my parents' house this morning, it looked like a bomb had gone off. literally chunks of entire trees were in the road, in yards, and several power lines looked like spaghetti noodles tossed around and laying every which way. 

and our town's festival is this coming week! yipes! got a lot of clean-up to do... 

• Options

The storm raged through here last night too. I am glad you got your power back, we got lucky and didn't lose it even though over a million people are without it today. 

Kid #1 - 09/03/12
    Kid #2 - maybe???
    Diagnosed with Severe Ashermans 
    Hysteroscopy #10 - scar tissue grew back reblocking my right tube
    #11 or IVF with scarring still inside?
    1 lone embryo from September 2016 retreival, dx with Trisomy 16, starting fresh
  • Options
    Glad your power is back on! Many people lost power here and will not have it for at least a week. So thankful we did not lose power because we are having a heat wave.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    We are still without power and it's 101 degrees today, luckily my parents have power so we are camping out here, over 2 million people were without power in the state!
    Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

we actually lost power for a second time...not because of the storm, but because a tree branch got knocked lose and blew up two transformers. so all afternoon was an inferno at 104 with not even a fan. 

blech.

just got it back about ten minutes ago. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"